Linked Events

• MoJam 2015 Missouri: July 16, 2015 - July 18, 2015

Author Topic: When is MoJam 2015?  (Read 68845 times)

Offline Bob Barnes

Re: When is MoJam 2015?
« Reply #225 on: July 15, 2015, 11:30:35 am »
dang!  you guys must already be having too much fun... no posts in 2 days!   ;D  It's not too late if anyone needs anything...

I'm packed and pulling out in the morning... only 7 hours away... LOL.
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #226 on: July 15, 2015, 11:51:49 am »
Hope to be out and on my way early tomorrow morning. Will need to wait till the rain and thunder storms pass to start loading up though.  >:(
Lennie and his family should be arriving today to secure our LZ...  ;D
See yew all soon.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2015, 02:53:01 am »
Yew know it's hot when there is a window ac unit in my tent! Thanks sleek! Yew made my wife's and sister-in-law very happy! And me to!

Lots of first time bows being built! Hickory is king Dave! Patrick 
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2015, 07:56:41 am »
Well....ya'll gonna hafta do Mojam without me this year... When i got to the US 63 and I-70 over pass i meant to turn right and come to Marshal...made a wrong turn and ended up in ClarcksvilleTenn. at the IBO.... Lol... Hope ya'll are havin fun and we'll see ya next year.... Brian..

p.s.... Lenny, save me a homebrew 👍
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2015, 10:18:31 am »
Lets see some pictures of all the fun
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline sleek

« Reply #230 on: July 19, 2015, 02:49:05 am »
Rain all morning, hot sun all day, no breeze, high dewpoint = hot. Window unit is a life saver. Literally. 

Guys it been a great outing. Looking forward to next year. I will be bringing the cabin tent and ac again. Its nice :)
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #231 on: July 19, 2015, 09:23:15 am »
Man what a great time,  loved talking and meeting new people.  I made off like a bandit this year, I will post some pictures soon.

Aaron

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #232 on: July 19, 2015, 04:47:53 pm »
I just got home. haven't even started unpacking yet either.  I had a great time again this year.  Congrats to all the first time bowyers that made bows this year!  I managed to finish two this year and even kept mostly clear of the clear liquid that was making its way around.  Thanks to Marshall Bowhunters for putting this all on again and letting us use their place for a week.  I did take a few pictures but my phone wont turn on right now. I"m thinking it migt have gopt wet or burnt up in the heat.  I will hopefully have it figured out in a few days and will post em here.  My kids had a great time too as did the wife.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #233 on: July 19, 2015, 05:16:04 pm »
Got home safely.  Hope everyone else does same. 
What a week! 
Some (or all) the pictures are here . . . http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,53345.0.html
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:13:44 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #234 on: July 19, 2015, 06:00:56 pm »
we're back home too...great to see everyone...it was an unusual year for weather...hot, cool, hot, wet, and hot... :)
Dave- has some great bows and your daughter makes a nice knife... NoNose helps lots of folks, when he isn't trying to kill them with clear liquid...Aaron (Falcon) makes some beautiful bows and will have a BBO next year I hope...Lennie- you make the auction lots of fun...glad I brought home a few of your liquid treasures...the wife's quilt was too cool as well...Mudd, it's about time you won that clout shoot!  nice bow... haha.  John Murray- so glad you made it and that we got to visit again.  Sal, Rob, Larry, Dan...it was so good to see you guys... Like John said... "it's the only place where you can see friend one time a year and start the conversation right where you left off last year!"
Bob
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #235 on: July 19, 2015, 06:53:50 pm »
As always a great time with great folks. Getting to camp at the top of the hill with Lennie and Shannon has become our tradition over the years with lots of good food and refreshments. Another "tradition",( which I'd hoped to avoid this year  ::) ), seems to be the annual splitting a log for someone else. This year Lennie furnished the log. What a guy...  ;)
Getting to see so many familiar and new faces building bows is what it's all about. And Yeah, it did get kinda hot a humid this year but that is also, based on past years, a Mojam Tradition.

Offline gifford

« Reply #236 on: July 19, 2015, 07:07:17 pm »
MoJAM 2015 is History. Many thanks to the Marshall Bow Hunters for hosting a great event. Is it too soon to start the MoJAM 2016 count-down calendar?

Glad to hear folks are checking in when they arrive home safely. Bob thanks for making the strings. It was great to be able to shoot the course with Sal, Amy and Sebastian; Rob and Pam; and Bob. Quite round with rain and all. Larry we hope you join us next year. Sal, what an outstanding Yucca Quiver - my MoJAM Friendship arrows have a new home.

Got one of Patrick's "Draw-Scraper" heck of tool. Elk handles really set it off. Finally, a draw-scraper with enough weight to get the job done in short order without cramping my hands. (Not a paid endorsement-I just really pleased with performance, thought I say so.)

The camp companions again this year were out-standing. Larry & Arlene; Bob & Cathy; Rob and Pam; Sal & Amy and little Sebastian,  many thanks. Wow, were those walleyes great.

Don't have any pictures to post, my cell-phone predates cameras in phones. Yep it's that old.

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #237 on: July 19, 2015, 11:35:32 pm »
Shannon and I had a great time as always.  Thanks for helping me split the log Paul, at least it was smaller this time!  Several yew staves got worked on this time around.  Its intimidating but the stuff won't make itself into a bow and it was reassuring to see people making sawdust with it.    I actually worked on a few bows even in the heat, I figured out it was just as hot sitting in camp as it was working in the pavillion.  The mazel tov cocktail recipe was well received, I think we had a bar mitzvah for Paul but I'm not positive.

Thanks to the Marshall Bowhunters for another fine event.  We already made reservations at the Comfort Inn for next year.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #238 on: July 20, 2015, 12:41:38 pm »
Well fellas, mojam 2015 was a big hit this year! Several bows were made to! I was privileged enough to be able to lend a hand with some  of them. I feel like I've grown as a Bowyer this last year. The thanks that I received from my piers was not seeked out but was received graciously. My mojam family means a lot to me! Thanks guy's!

OK, so last year I watched Dave and No Nose work their tails off with not much time to their selves. So I figured I would try to step up and do what I could so they could have time to maybe make a bow and visit a bit more. 

It was great to see everyone and always great to meet some new people as well. Gifford, I hope that scraper helps you make a lot of bows without any more pain in your hands. I want to thank Dave, Eric, John W, nonose, Paul, Lennie, Tim, John Murry, Wayne, Aaron, Keith and Jeff and I'm sure I've missed a few others, for making my part of mojam awesome! I can't find the word to describe how I feel so I will have to post some pictures later. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #239 on: July 20, 2015, 03:43:39 pm »
Tent's are dried and my lil' Hammer was found...

Got home safely late yesterday afternoon and cleaned up all the camp gear, hung up the tents to dry,and I even found my miniature splitting mallet.  Lebhuntfish has an identical one and they nearly got co-mingled during the tool round up at the end of MOJAM. 

With all the rain at the end of the event we had to put everything thru a thorough wash and dry before re-packing it all.  Tonight we will fold roll and stuff away the tents, but the memories of a great time at a city park in Marshall, MO will endure!  Much thanx to the Marshall Bow-hunters for being our hosts for the week.

More pics later...

OneBow