Linked Events

• MoJam 2015 Missouri: July 16, 2015 - July 18, 2015

Author Topic: When is MoJam 2015?  (Read 68015 times)

Offline Dvshunter

Re: When is MoJam 2015?
« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2015, 03:43:01 pm »
It's so close now! This week is gonna take forever at work. I'm planning on being there Sunday night or early Monday morning as of right now.
Pat shoot me a text and maybe we can make some early dinner plans for the first part of the week. I might even take my kids into town for pizza and a movie one night depending on their behavior.

It's almost here everyone. I'm so excited!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2015, 04:23:47 pm »
Well the wife and daughter are on the fence now about attending this year but I should be in by Wednesday. I'm bringing my one ,and only, yew stave from a few(many..?) years back to work on.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #152 on: July 05, 2015, 07:24:22 pm »
Well the wife and daughter are on the fence now about attending this year but I should be in by Wednesday. I'm bringing my one ,and only, yew stave from a few(many..?) years back to work on.

Well Paul maybe we can work on ours together. I'm bringing a roughed out yew that I traded with wizardgoat for at the classic. I would like to have it shooting by the end of the week.

It's so close now! This week is gonna take forever at work. I'm planning on being there Sunday night or early Monday morning as of right now.
Pat shoot me a text and maybe we can make some early dinner plans for the first part of the week. I might even take my kids into town for pizza and a movie one night depending on their behavior.

If you don't mind Dave I will just give you a call. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline mobow

« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2015, 08:46:03 pm »

Dave,
Let me hook the kids up with some Mountain Dew before you go.  Keith

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2015, 08:53:20 pm »
Me thinks Dave just hooked himself up.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2015, 10:46:50 pm »
That will be great Patrick.
The fact that it's my first and only piece of yew has had me intimidated over the years. Osage I got and can get but yew is a long ways off from here...

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #156 on: July 06, 2015, 12:11:58 am »
That will be great Patrick.
The fact that it's my first and only piece of yew has had me intimidated over the years. Osage I got and can get but yew is a long ways off from here...

X2 Paul! I have a set of billets but this yew stave is my first one too! Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #157 on: July 06, 2015, 07:25:04 am »
Hahaha. You're so kind Keith.  Maybe some pixie sticks to go with the soda. Lol my kids are already getting excited too. It's funny 8 get the random,"when is mojam again?" Question about once a month.

"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #158 on: July 06, 2015, 10:24:47 am »
I broke my first yew stave.  But no pressure.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #159 on: July 06, 2015, 11:16:38 am »
Thanks Lennie! That's a good word of encouragement!  >:D

You going to make it to mojam? Patrick

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2015, 12:02:10 pm »
I broke my first yew stave.  But no pressure.

Oh "Thank You so much" for the pep talk my friend...  ::)

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2015, 12:52:43 pm »
We'll be rolling in Wednesday.  I'm sad to say my boy will not be attending, a new job and girlfriend have distracted him from the important things in life.  On the bright side, this means somebody else can win the clout shoot this year.  And I can shoot my JD Jones bow for once.

Maybe I'll bring a sprig of this yew to work on, just so I won't feel left out.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #162 on: July 06, 2015, 01:23:50 pm »
Good to hear Lennie. Maybe we all can work on this "exotic"  stuff together! I plan on trying to shoot the course and the clout shoot this year. Patrick

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #163 on: July 06, 2015, 01:47:39 pm »
Well damn. I guess I'll bring my yew stave and maybe the bill it's and a handle too.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #164 on: July 06, 2015, 02:07:06 pm »
Sweet Dave! We might have a few yew bows by the end of the week. I'm bringing my new portable tillering device that goes in my receiver hitch to. It works pretty slick! Patrick