Author Topic: Well, ain't this a fine how-do-you-do?  (Read 14456 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Well, ain't this a fine how-do-you-do?
« on: January 26, 2015, 08:53:05 pm »
So I got the latest issue just the day before yesterday.  I took it in to work because Sundays are slow and I could spend some quality one on one time with that one special subscription in my life. 

I had flipped page by page thru it and was very excited to read some of this issues articles on flintknapping, a hobby I have steadfastly refused to pick up simply because I am already "et up" with bow making and can't spare the time. Oh, it was looking good, oh so good!

But then a customer came in with his 14 yr old daughter.  She recognized me right away and introduced me to her father as the guy that was encouraging her to keep up the good work when she sat down at a knapping demonstration and made her first stome point.  She and I caught up on what we had been doing and I again reiterated my offer to have her and her father over to make their own bows. 

And then it happened.  I royally screwed up.  I mean, there is NO ONE to blame but myself.  I reached over and slid the brand spanking new copy of Primitive Archer across the counter to her.  I swear, the whole store smelled of ozone as the lightning flashed from her eyes.  Page by page she flipped thru it.  Each picture of a stone point or stone becoming a point elicited a squeal of delight that can only come from a teenage girl.

Yep, you guessed it.  Gotta go to the store and BUY a replacement copy now.  Just another way of passing it along.

John Halverson
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
Re: Well, ain't this a fine how-do-you-do?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 10:43:17 pm »
Good work!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 11:45:38 pm »
You old softy. Good for you.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 08:25:33 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D  you da man!

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 12:36:36 am »
Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 10:43:11 am »
Thanks John. That made my day. I thought things could not get any better today and you just did it. I'm going to buy a lottery ticket.