Author Topic: For Help posting bows and submitting Bows to the BOM contest  (Read 11796 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
For Help posting bows and submitting Bows to the BOM contest
« on: February 09, 2015, 05:36:49 pm »
For Help posting bows and submitting Bows to the BOM contest

I am setting this thread up here in hopes that folks needing help loading, uploading and posting pictures of their bows can come here and ask for help from the thousands of members on this site.  I get a few request each month for help on how to post pictures, etc. 

Most of you are much more savy at that than I am, and I am hoping these folks can find the help here. 
Thanks and much appreciated. 
Cipriano
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 08:09:02 pm by criveraville »
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline duke3192

• pm109331
Re: For Help posting bows and submitting Bows to the BOM contest
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 08:07:01 pm »
Great! my problem is I can upload to photo-bucket, but what do you enter to get your photos to the PA site.
charter member of traditional bow hunters of Florida.

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 02:24:30 am »
When you look at a photo in your photobucket library, on the right  there's a column that says share links. If you click on the one that says IMG, it will automatically cut it or copy it. Simply paste the link in your PA topic. It will appear as a code, but if you do a preview to your post you should see it. Space the pics a few spaces apart, or the pics will be side by side. Just takes a little messing around

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 01:51:54 pm »
Still not sure Im posting pictures right but I have managed to get some posted now. What is next step I just sent Criveraville a PM that if still looking for April backed BOM I'd like to enter mine and sent my subscription #. I just posted my bow and some pictures in the bow section today "My Survivor". I thought I read on here somewhere he wanted picture formated different for BOM and where to send but don't remember where that was. I also have a lot more pictures.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 10:11:48 am »
Sooo there is no bow of the month contest no more correct?????
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline criveraville

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 08:08:29 pm »
Sooo there is no bow of the month contest no more correct?????

Ed,

Here is the PM I sent you and all the other people that entered the BOM contest by messaging me the link to their bow.

"
Psalm 127:4
View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Online)
Re: Self bow entry
« Sent to: Beadman on: June 23, 2017, 11:26:57 pm » ReplyQuoteDelete
Thank you for your submission to the bow of the month contest. I do not know when the contest will be posted. When I hear something definitive I will let you know. In the meantime if you have any questions regarding the Bow of the month contest please contact Marie Luther (Calendargirl), Monroe Luther or Ed Ingold with the Primitive Archer Magazine.

Thank you again,
Cipriano Rivera"

I can only communicate to you what I do know and my PM to you and all the other contestants does not state that "there is no more BOM of the month contest."

I hope that clears up any confusion regarding the BOM contest. As aforementioned, if you have any questions regarding the BOM contest please direct them to the folks indicated.

Thank you,
Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Stringman

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 08:32:11 pm »
Hmmm.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 09:41:56 pm »
I see.I understood your message.Your message was sent to me after around 2 weeks of waiting after 3 PM's with no response.Then it was sent in triplicate.I tried contacting the people you told me to with no response from them so I figured it was'nt gonna happen anymore.Last BOM contest was in March.So we'll wait a little longer.
I understand though that what your doing is a voluntary thing of little gratitude and thank you for that and am sorry for the misunderstanding.
BowEd
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 09:49:27 pm »
So Cip am I to understand that you have gotten the correct info from me to enter that bow?
BowEd
Ed

Offline criveraville

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 10:13:52 pm »
I see.I understood your message.Your message was sent to me after around 2 weeks of waiting after 3 PM's with no response.Then it was sent in triplicate.I tried contacting the people you told me to with no response from them so I figured it was'nt gonna happen anymore.Last BOM contest was in March.So we'll wait a little longer.
I understand though that what your doing is a voluntary thing of little gratitude and thank you for that and am sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ed,

Yes. You are correct. My apologies on the three PMs. There were not enough bows entered in April to have a contest and April/May were to be combined. In October it will be 7 years that I have been doing the BOM contest. It doesn't seem like that many years. Ed, no need to apologize. Thank you for submitting your bows and for your support to the BOM contest.

Cipriano

Offline criveraville

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 10:17:39 pm »
So Cip am I to understand that you have gotten the correct info from me to enter that bow?

Ed, yes I have. You did your part to enter your bow in the BOM contest. As always I appreciate you entering your bows. You make great looking bows and I'm certain that they shoot even better than they look.

Cipriano

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 08:09:14 am »
Cip, thanks for all the effort and dedication you have put into the BOM. I feel it has not been properly appreciated or at least expressed that way. I'm sure it is a extra workload that takes time away from you that's never returned. Just wanted to tell you thanks and even though I've never said it I really appreciate it and I'm sure many others here do to.
Sincerely Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Stringman

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 08:47:10 am »
True enough Bj. I've watched Cip over the last couple years try to juggle life and an assortment of unfortunates and still manage to keep fairly well on top of BOM. The stuff he writes is always complimentary and pleasant to read and he's done it without any remuneration. I believe if the magazine would open a meaningful dialogue and make good on it's word this would be resolved quickly. (Seems there is a growing number of broken contracts out there.) Sad to say, but it comes down to integrity.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 09:13:48 am »
PA Magazine has nothing to do with BOM except to post the results. It was started by Don Berg(OldBow) many years ago and has continued until now by volunteers. It is a lot of work and a lot of time is involved collecting the info and setting it all up. I'm sure if anyone wanted to take over the task they would be welcomed to do so.
 Every couple of years we go through this change and I'm sure it is because it is so time consuming for the person(s) who takes it over that it encroaches in their every day life. I agree that BOM is a good draw for PA Magazine  and PA Magazine does a good job of presenting it in the magazine but it is up to us members whether we continue it and who will be the next in line to take it over.  Any volunteers?
 A big thanks to Cipriano for all his work towards BOM and also thanks to Ed for his behind the scene work that most don't realize is going on.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 03:10:33 pm »
Well then. How about it just stays within the site. Set up the collages and voting and post a winner at the ending time. No magazine needed, no pay needed. We congratulate the winners and try again next month.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.