Author Topic: Snowshoe Shoot  (Read 4120 times)

Offline BrianS

Snowshoe Shoot
« on: February 14, 2015, 01:35:31 pm »
Our Club (Hawkeye Bowmen) holds a Snowshoe Shoot every year for our Members. Despite a Winter Storm Warning posted by NOAA and  over a 2 foot base of snow on the ground , 15 of our Diehard Members did it again this morning. Our Snowshoe Shoot is not limited to just Selfbows,but there is a large percentage of our Membership that shoots Primitive and Traditional bows. The course ran through our forest with six targets placed strategically. Many of the targets such as bedded deer had to be dug out prior to shooting. The rules are You take six arrows with you, snowshoe up to the shooting stake, shoot and go on to the next target. Shooters are staggered a minute apart and your time to complete the course is used in the event of a score tie. After everyone has shot the course we go back as a group to pull arrows and record scores. This year we had 15 Members brave the weather and compete. I think we probably would have had over 20 Members shoot except there was a storm warning and driving advisory in effect.
The Winners for the Primitive bow / wood arrows and wood snowshoes were:
1st place Kevin Raybould (Buffalo Gobbler)
2nd place Chuck LaFountain (Hole in the bow Chuck)
3rd place Dino Zack (Dino Rocks)

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

Re: Snowshoe Shoot
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 08:28:24 pm »
That looks and sounds like fun

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 05:40:17 am »
Looks like a lot of FUN to Me ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 03:17:53 am »
A bi-athelon with bows: what's not to love. 
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 10:08:35 am »
The Snow Shoe Shoot is a blast! The Hawkeye woods are the most beautiful in the winter.
Thanks to Brian for running the shoot!
Also after the shoot was over our club held our annual wild game dinner and every body brought thier best dish, deer chilli, moose stew, venison sausage, etc... i was so full.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 09:54:33 am »
Sounds great
I think I will steal this idea for another shoot
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !