Author Topic: Glad my wife's not home  (Read 7847 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Glad my wife's not home
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 12:01:08 pm »
Thought you might recognize those Steve :). Thanks for stocking me up, they are pretty snakey but it's kinda fun seeing how easily they straighten - enjoyably challenging ;D..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 12:26:39 pm »
Paul, if they were already straight, you wouldn't be getting all that valuable character-building experience.  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 11:48:35 pm »
  Shannon, A quick, simple way to get in the Ballpark on the spine is to ,Take a 20 oz Coke bottle and fill it with water. Wrap wire around the top and bend a hook in it. Take an arrow you know what the spine is and suspend it on two nails about 28" or whatever,depending on the length you shoot apart. Mark where it bends to, and mark the spot. Then just test the rest. If you don't have a cane arrow splined like you want, make a cane arrow that shoots good and use that for your control arrow.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 12:02:32 am »
I thought about that Eddie. They like a while before they're dry, so i'm just gonna take my time and make me a good spine tester.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.