Author Topic: almost finished yew flatbow deer antler tips  (Read 2478 times)

Offline rockrush69

• i want to live in a tipi and hunt for my food
    • facebook.com/flingahbows
almost finished yew flatbow deer antler tips
« on: March 16, 2015, 12:40:31 pm »
this sucker is almost finished I just have to do the finishing work to make it look pretty but it is done 64 pounds at 28 inches I'm not calling it finished because I may have to take a little more weight off of it I have it braced low right now it's only at about five and three quarter inches I'm doing that to allow it to break in a little bit also the recurved tips have slightly lost a little bit of their reflex so I may need to reheat bend them but it is shooting in it is a bow it does not have a finish coat on it yet and may need a little tiny bit of tweaking still but I figured I would show you the near end result here it is enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:50:32 pm by rockrush69 »
JESSE "HALF CHEROKEE" RUSH
The rabbit lost his tail cause the fox tricked him and told him to stick it thru the ice to catch fish he became stuck and the bear snatched him out by his ears leaving his bushy tail behind and streching his long ears... Cherokee story "how the rabbit lost his tail" :)

Offline rockrush69

Re: almost finished yew flatbow deer antler tips
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 12:42:55 pm »
The handle needs a little more work too . Like i said . Not finished yet. But getting there. I like showing the build on the way through. Shows the struggle (or as i like to call it " the fun " )
The rabbit lost his tail cause the fox tricked him and told him to stick it thru the ice to catch fish he became stuck and the bear snatched him out by his ears leaving his bushy tail behind and streching his long ears... Cherokee story "how the rabbit lost his tail" :)

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 12:45:43 pm »
This is the last of the pics for now. But i threw in a full draw for yall. But not at full brace hight yet . Its about an inch low still

Offline sieddy

• Guaranga! :)
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 02:49:02 pm »
Loving the look of that fine peice of Yew!  :D
"No man ever broke his bow but another man found a use for the string" Irish proverb