Author Topic: Sycamore Bow Staves (finished bow full draw on page 3 toward bottom)  (Read 30620 times)

Dingleberry

Re: Sycamore Bow Staves (finished bow full draw on page 3 toward bottom)
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2008, 01:23:49 pm »
That bow has my vote.  Incredible job Yankeemongiat!  Recently I read in the Journal of Cherokee Studies, that Sycamore (khu iyuhsti) was a common wood used for bows.  I definitely want to give it a try after seeing your success. :)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Sycamore Bow Staves (finished bow full draw on page 3 toward bottom)
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2008, 08:59:44 pm »
Thanks for the heads up about the Full Draw on p. 3. Got your neat bow all bookmarked for Feb Self Bow of the Month!!

I don't know about Neat....but It turned out pretty nice....my first go around with Sycamore on a wide limbed Bow...and the first time to use Python...which I hope to get more of....really tough stuff for sure.....Thanks OldBow....I am proud to be picked.

Dingleberry......I really enjoyed working with Sycamore...it is a really nice wood to work....I am on the Hunt for more now myself...glad you like it...and good luck on your next Bow..
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome