Author Topic: two different limb woods  (Read 2377 times)

Offline Woody Knot

• Woody Knot Crafts
two different limb woods
« on: March 03, 2015, 05:03:19 pm »
Hi all,
just been looking at take down and billet bows on here and, was wondering if anyone has billeted two different woods together,
 and if so what it performed like.
I was just imagining a yew and an elm limb, with the elm having a lot wider limb to balance it with the yew,would be a strange site ;)
 its probably all been done before but nice to hear any experiences ..

Stringman

Re: two different limb woods
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 05:15:49 pm »
Will pulled this off last year with osage and yew. Not sure the name of the thread.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 05:23:06 pm »
A few guys have done it over the years. As long as you tiller it properly there is no reason for it not working.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Woody Knot

• Woody Knot Crafts
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 05:26:44 pm »
Thanks for that, will have to try now ...
Garry

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 10:24:56 pm »
Ryan'O, also, and Pappy, I think?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

blackhawk

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 06:49:25 am »
Will pulled this off last year with osage and yew. Not sure the name of the thread.

Yeah...that I believe came about from some campfire talk between will n pappy...willy got ahold of me and we talked it over...he spliced osage(bottom limb) and yew(top limb) together n made it assymetrical...he spliced em up and roughed it down to floor tiller....then handed it to me at the classic two years ago and I finished tillered it and put overlays on it. It shot loverly and ya couldn't tell a difference. We made sure to have equall mass in each limb and a dead nuts balanced bow at the fulcrum point. Worked great!!! :)