Author Topic: TwinOaks 2 Day open  (Read 5727 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
TwinOaks 2 Day open
« on: March 17, 2015, 07:18:39 am »
2 day open shoot at TwinOaks bowhunters this weekend March 21/22 , Registration starts at day light Saturday and you have to be off the range by 4 pm Sunday evening. Their will be wheel folks at this event but we always have a very large showing of Primitive/Traditional folks so come out and fling some arrows if you are in the neighborhood or just stop by for a visit.  :)
I think Bear/Steve/Brother Dan are coming in from Ohio so it should be a hoot, have a few more friends coming in from ILL. Not a lot of people camp at this event but you are more than welcome if you want to.  ;) :) Concession Saturday and Sunday for Lunch type meals, coffee / juice and snacks but no breakfast served. Hope some can make it out. :) Shop and napping pit is always open. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

Re: TwinOaks 2 Day open
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 07:21:27 am »
Sounds like a great kick off to the season.  I may get to make it someday.  Headed to Moontree this weekend though. :)
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 07:38:55 am »
Ya hate it is the same date, :(  but we have been doing this on the 3 weekend of March for 20 + years and for folks that plan on it each year it's hard to change dates. :) Hope yall understand . :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 11:03:50 pm »
Good luck this weekend Pappy. I guess it will be a test run for the Classic.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 04:42:06 am »
Hope you have a lot of shooters Pappy. I look forward to the pics. I am still trying to work out coming to the classic. I believe the wife is on board at present. I need to google a route from SC to Clarksville in the next few days.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 04:59:57 am »
Look forward to meeting you Chief ,not sure what part but we always have several from SC.
Yep Pat it is a Minne test run ;) :) but always fun, got Bear/Steve/Bro. Dan coming in Friday so you know it can't help but be a fun weekend. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 08:12:13 am »
With those 3 coming in this weekend it will almost feel like he classic.  ;D
ChiefRID, I26 to I-40 in Asheville then I-40 to Nashville to I-24 towards Clarkesville. Piece of cake!   ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 06:30:33 pm »
Have you ever took the scenic route, Pat? I was thinking about making it a two day and stay a night in the Smokies.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 07:58:10 pm »
The only time we took the scenic route was the year it flooded at the Classic. On the way home we went north until we hit high ground then east as far as we could then north again. We finally made it back down to I-40 after a few hours or "scenic driving".  ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 05:37:57 am »
Ya a lot took that Scenic rout that year Pat. ;) :) Chad Slagle spent a day and 1/2 going west  to Oklahoma he thought and wound up back in Clarksville. :) O Man that is what memories are made of.  ??? 2 More day and this one will be on, looks like good weather for the weekend. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 09:14:27 am »
Yea! I was looking for a campground around Knoxville but I wanted to get out of the river valley a little. I am going to look for something coming out of the mountains a little further from Dolly Wood. It looks like a little past there is 1/2 way for me time wise taking a route that avoids the interstates. I will start a new thread and see if I can pick up some travel tips.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 09:28:23 am »
Knoxville is about 3 1/2 to 4 hours form us using I 40.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 12:07:16 am »
Asheville is 5 1/2hrs.

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 05:52:27 am »
That's about how I have it figured also. I do not like driving but throw in pulling a trailer on interstates and I hate it and it is not worth the trip for me. I pulled the thing to Santee a few weeks ago and did some interstate driving, not much, but was in fear for my life most of it. I have come to the opinion that some truckers hate to share the road with cars but they despise a poor newbie pulling a trailer. I will be pulling it for service around Charlotte next week so I will get some more experience then. Maybe I will get more comfortable. map-it shows it being about 8 hours using the interstates so that is about right with what Pat said about 5.5 from Asheville.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 05:57:50 am »
Cool ,hope to see ya in May. The 2 day open starts at daylight in the morning, should be fun, Bear and crew are expected today around noon, fun afternoon I am sure. :)
 See yall Monday.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good