Author Topic: finished yew flatbow antler tips pic heavy. try 4 bom ?  (Read 9332 times)

Offline rockrush69

• i want to live in a tipi and hunt for my food
    • facebook.com/flingahbows
finished yew flatbow antler tips pic heavy. try 4 bom ?
« on: March 19, 2015, 08:12:22 pm »
Heres the first of many pics, 68# @28" a rocket launcher !
JESSE "HALF CHEROKEE" RUSH
The rabbit lost his tail cause the fox tricked him and told him to stick it thru the ice to catch fish he became stuck and the bear snatched him out by his ears leaving his bushy tail behind and streching his long ears... Cherokee story "how the rabbit lost his tail" :)

Offline rockrush69

Re: finished yew flatbow antler tips pic heavy. try 4 bom ?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 08:14:11 pm »
I did a reverse stitch on the leather handle its crooked a bit :( but tight :)
The rabbit lost his tail cause the fox tricked him and told him to stick it thru the ice to catch fish he became stuck and the bear snatched him out by his ears leaving his bushy tail behind and streching his long ears... Cherokee story "how the rabbit lost his tail" :)

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 08:16:21 pm »
More pics

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 08:17:51 pm »
More pis coming . Full draws next !

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 08:22:26 pm »
I hope you guys like it ... this one was hard to get straight , i have no power tools ether so antlers were tuff lol . Its a super fast and deadly acurate shooter though and next year i hope to drop an ELK with her.  I was thinking of entering it in the bom contest but ... idk . I have seen ALOT prettier bows on here lately :)

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 08:35:28 pm »
I almost forgot this little knot fill i did on the upper limb ! Its green colored pencil shaved into powder and mixed with 2 part epoxy I did it in this color because it was Saint Patrick's Day I was working the limbs down and I plucked out a small pin  Knot and I decided to fill it with epoxy and color it green for Saint Patrick's Day :-)

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 08:41:15 pm »
Nice looking bow Jessi! Keep up the good work. The green is a nice little touch of color. Kinda a cool idea with the colored pencil dust.

Tattoo Dave.
Rockford, MI

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 08:50:59 pm »
Thanks tattoo dave !

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 09:20:18 pm »
Nice lookin bow Jesse. Got some decent weight out of that

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 09:34:08 pm »
Heres the alignment of the string tip to tip this took some manipulating this much I promise :-)

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 09:34:41 pm »
I like it. Looks like a fun shooter.

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 09:38:26 pm »
Nice lookin bow Jesse. Got some decent weight out of that

thank you man, I made it heavy on purpose because usually I find at least with English longbows when I work with Yew it tends to take some set and I guess you could say it breaks in a little bit and loses a few pounds so in case it does that I want to end up with at least a 60 to 65 pound bo I want to use it to take Elk with

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 10:02:07 pm »
Looks good, hope you get a chance on a elk this fall, I'd say that bow will get the job done easily.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline alwayslookin

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 11:19:14 pm »
Nice bow man! Where do you plan on hunting for elk?
In all your ways acknowledge  him and he will make your paths straight.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 04:26:08 am »
Yew did good ! Nice Bow - two thumbs up- Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.