Author Topic: Basketball  (Read 5879 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Basketball
« on: March 25, 2015, 02:09:14 pm »
I cant hold my pride, so Im posting it!

My boys are playing the state semi finals in basketball Thursday night at the Breslin Center in East Lansing, home of the MSU Spartans. I couldn't be more proud of anything in my life. Its been a heck of a ride the last few years following them around watching them play. And now they are one of only four teams left in the state.  :'( Ive lost a lot of water weight the last few weeks from balling like a baby. I LOVE my boys and all their friends. The effort they put out every game is unmatched anywhere.

Go Pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Stringman

Re: Basketball
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 02:13:44 pm »
That's awesome Chris! Go holler some for me, too!

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 02:21:43 pm »
Good Luck to the boys!
PD I hope you end up having to spending some $ on some State Champ Rings. Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 02:29:03 pm »
I let out a few battle cry's for ya' Scott!

I hope your right Ed, Ill gladly pay it.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 03:00:12 pm »
Pretty cool, Pearlie.   I'm not into sports but I am into proud parents and kids that excel.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bubby

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 03:17:00 pm »
You thump that chest all you want buddy thats something to crow about, hell I'm going to aau b ball now i know how you feel
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 03:25:23 pm »
AAU starts next week already bubby. Jake is only a sophomore and Kaleb is a senior. There isn't any layover in this sport. Our school takes the basketball program very seriously, and they don't mess around with bad grades either. Coach wont play boys with poor grades, even when the school says they can. So its a win-win for them.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 03:37:19 pm »
Wow! Way to go.  I have a 14 yr old in sports and I know that there is nothing better than watching them excel on the court, on the field, and in the classroom.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 04:01:53 pm »
Very cool Pearly.  Good luck to them.  I expect to see a picture of them cutting down the net  ;)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline DQ

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 04:56:50 pm »
My wife and I have been watching their progress Chris.  Go Boys Go!  You and your wife can be very proud of your boys.  They are winners, no matter the outcome. 

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 04:59:10 pm »
tell Jake don't worry about those lady problems and now he's going to have more girls than he's going to ever want talking to him. congrats guys

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 05:13:46 pm »
Thanks for following us Darryl! Its been just crazy with two over time games in a row. Last nights was tough. We had to win twice, and did!

Pauly, Jake isn't playing varsity yet and is happily dating a "chick" as we speak ;) Its my oldest, Kaleb. I should have clarified that better. I call him and his close 2-3 friends my boys and treat them all accordingly. Ill put my stamp on any of them.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 06:02:47 pm »
Good luck to them Pearl , great when your kids do good, way better than doing good yourself.i have meet one of your boys and seemed like a fine young man to me with good solid raising. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PNewton

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 07:49:35 pm »
Congratulations to your son and his teamates Chris. And to you parents also. Sounds like the coach runs an A1 program. What school and class Chris? I'll keep an eye on how they do. Good luck to the team on Thursday.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:00:03 pm by PNewton »

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 08:49:28 pm »
congrats.
always good to hear of young people excelling in sports.

my youngest just turned 18 yesterday.
he graduates this year.
he has already committed to run for Ferris state.
im gonna miss the high school sports.