Author Topic: Stool  (Read 4874 times)

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

Stool
« on: March 28, 2015, 03:09:00 pm »
My 12 yr old girl is always wanting to make something. Today she came down to the shop and wanted to make a stool. She used a vine wrapped walking stick for the legs, plywood for the seat then wrapped it with a beaver pelt for comfort

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

Re: Stool
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 03:11:20 pm »
Can somebody tell me why my pics turn out squishy looking I email them to myself select small cause medium is to large. I'm using a iphone

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 03:20:41 pm »
Cool stool!  8)
 Sorry, I can't help you with the iPhone stuff.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Stringman

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 08:51:11 pm »
I would suggest using a resize program.

Cool stool!

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 03:34:02 pm »
Looks like she had fun !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline sleek

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 04:18:06 pm »
Being primitive guys and some of the stuff we work with I wasnt sure what I was gonna see when I opened the link. Congrats of having a daughter that likes to buikd things and has a mind/eye for it. Im feeling proud for you! Or is that jealousy?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline stickbender

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 09:42:43 pm »

Great job!

Now while she is still eager to build stuff, and in an artsy crafty mood, go on line, and look for local wood carving clubs.  You will be surprised at what she can do by age fifteen!  She is at a great age for learning working with wood, making bows, arrows, arrow heads, quivers, bags, etc. and carving.  The majority of clubs will be more than just willing to teach her, and guide her, they will be very eager. ;) There are lot of very accomplished women wood carvers, and wood burners. I think she would really enjoy that.  Especially when she sees women carving.  I should have left well enough alone, but no....after years of nagging my Girl Friend to go to the wood carving shows with me, and after years of excuses of why she couldn't, she finally agreed to go.  I walked out the show $80.00 poorer, and have since lost much more money, on knives, books, power flex shafts, bits, 10 inch band saw, and yet more knives.
But she is now slap eat up with it, and cannot get enough of it, and for never having even just whittled a stick, she has come far, very quickly, and took, second, and third, at the show, her club had, and is now a member of another club, further south, and paid to take lessons, from a woman carver, who is quite exceptional, and is planning to take more classes, and do it full time, when she retires.  But take your Daughter to one of the clubs, or a couple of them, and she will be an ace in the hole for you, when you want to make something fancy for your bow, or equipment.  Start her off with quality knives, and just the basic ones, and teach her how to sharpen them, and once very sharp, to keep them sharp.  Good job on the chair, and good for you for taking the time to help her urge to build something.  There was more than a chair built there. ;)

Wayne