Author Topic: Response to "A Point Of View" in the Apr/May issue  (Read 18967 times)

Offline Buffalogobbler

Response to "A Point Of View" in the Apr/May issue
« on: July 28, 2015, 02:55:44 pm »
In the Apr/May issue the Editor printed a letter titled "A point Of View" by Mr Ron Huff which i felt was insulting and unfairly critical of Myself and my friend Holeinthebowchuck, regarding my article "Chuck and Kevin's Amazing Selfbow Adventure"
 I sent a response to the Editor immediately and as of yet it has not been printed in the letters to the Editor section, possibly because my response was too long and would take up too much space.
The vast majority of the letters to the Editor are positive, so it was dissapointing to read such a disparaging letter, and to let it go without a response could make it look like an editorial, so here my letter, "A Lucid Point Of View" that I sent to the Editor.

Kevin
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:27:48 pm by Buffalogobbler »
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Response to "A Point Of View" in the Apr/May issue
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 03:11:19 pm »
I didn't read it Kevin, now I need to. I spouted off about somebody bad mouthing Carson's BOM. It was printed and I appreciated that as this fella was a mile off in his SPECULATION. Leave speculation to the weather man. 

Edit: So I read it. Three words Kevin. Grain.Of.Salt. If it makes you and Chucky feel any better, you pathetic losers? I was ferried to and fro by a sweet Toyota 4-Runner, the bait was only 20 yards away and I used a 30-06 rifle with 180 grain bullets. Shot a fine 300# boar while I was at it. Talk about pathetic, this guy is aimed in the wrong direction. Im the worse of both his "scenarios"  ;D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:36:03 pm by PEARL DRUMS »
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 04:38:09 pm »
Oh Kevin, post your comments in the "Letters to the Editor" section rather. I did, and they were printed the next go round I believe.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 04:55:30 pm »
Chris,
I hope my post does not come off as slamming PA, I LOVE PA!, but I have to admit to some frustration, Ron Huff's letter was insulting to Chuck and myself, there have been two issues since then and my reply has not appeared in the magazine and I don't know why, perhaps it was too long or I could have sent it off into the ethernet and the ED never recieved it, I don't know. I will take your advice and post it in the "Letters to the ED"

Kevin

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 06:51:14 pm »
Kevin, I think your letter is too long for them to publish. I bet if you shortened it but still got the gist, Ed would publish it.
 Like Pearlie said, I wouldn't worry about the guy said. Obviously he doesn't know much although he thinks he does. He didn't even comment on Chucks incredible bow, which to me really made the trip special.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 07:58:08 pm »
Thanks Pat,
I should have known it was too long, sometimes when I get my dander up, I need to sit back and take a breath.

Kevin

Offline Josh B

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 10:35:44 pm »
Kevin, I understand your being indignant over the individual's malicious and obviously uninformed  comments.  I feel as though those comments were aimed at all of us that hunt with the selfbow.  I believe that you are right in assuming that he is just an anti-hunter posing as an elitist.  If his father was even half the archer and hunter that we are led to believe, Mr. Huff's ignorance of the subject would have been nearly impossible to maintain without conscious effort to do so.  Even though he stated that he only hunted with his father and his father quit hunting 65 years ago, I find it hard to believe one of sound mind could forget that much even over that extended period of time.  My point is that from what I've read in his letter, Mr. Huff is either a poser that went on the attack using an entirely fictitious  resume as an attempt at credibility or he is someone that is operating under impaired faculties  that have affected his reasoning and memory.  If it be the former, he is not worthy of your anger and disdain.  If it's the latter, then I pity the man.   Either way, his comments carry no weight.  Personally, I enjoyed your article. I hope to have as great of an adventure as you and Chuck did someday.  Josh
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 11:34:32 pm by Gun Doc »

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 09:51:27 am »
Thanks Josh,
I hope to read about your great adventure in PA some day.

Kevin

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 10:48:43 pm »
I completely blew him off the moment I had read his pointless rant.  When no response came in the next issue, I had assumed you felt he was beneath your notice. 

He is welcome to his opinion, such as it is.  I was a bit disappointed that the editor chose to print such drivel.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.