Author Topic: GOBBLEING LIKE CRAZZY IN WV.  (Read 2747 times)

Offline crooketarrow

GOBBLEING LIKE CRAZZY IN WV.
« on: April 08, 2015, 11:26:43 pm »
  On the 2 nd. of APR. Me and a good friend. Went calling, We had something happen,together we called up 9 long beards. I've never been that close to so many gobblers at once. Some were 14,15  yards. And TIM had one long beard with a 11,12 inch beard. Go behind him 7,8 yards.

Well after a few mins. they Findley moved past us. We let them go over the hollow. That beats 8 gobblers me and as cousin called up in 88. Since the 26 th March when I called up my first gobbler this year to yesterday morning when me and BRIER called up a gobbler off the roost. BRIER (15) NOT USE TO GOBBLERS LOOKING AT HIM AT 20 YARDS AND DOUBLE GOBBLEING.

He got caught moving ofcorse.

The second gobbler was a 2 year old. It was 11:30 We were just kicking back talking when we heard a gobble 100 yards out in a pasture. I let BRIER do the calling, his first of the year. One yelp and he ran to us went past use 25 yards. I let him get out of sight over the hollow I PURRED with my voice 2 mins later he was standing 20 yards behind use gobbled straight at us.  He never came out past us again. He snuck away. WE LET HIM.

WELL SAY ONE FOR HIM ONE FOR ME. His first for the year my 14 th gobbler this spring.  Most were bow range all with in shot gun range.

Don't think every gobbler I heard came running. I can think of 4 that sent me home sooner than I wanted to go.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Andrea S

Re: GOBBLEING LIKE CRAZZY IN WV.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 05:11:56 pm »
That's super exciting! When does your season start!?!
Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. -Abe Lincoln

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 09:40:38 pm »
I went out yesterday late to scout locations for a turkey camp for a few fellows.  Found a good spot on public land, out of sight of the road. 

I saw a few birds, but was not able to stay long and scout birds.  I hope to be able to scout a little this weekend for birds, maybe even get in a "situation" with a tom.  I sure would like to whack a top before the guys arrive, that way we can eat a little bird in camp to get in the spirit of things!

Like you, crooketarrow, just working a bird is a heck of a good time for me! 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 10:30:41 am »
  Well thank you JW.

Our season starts the 20 th I think ANDREA.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING