Author Topic: Worth it!  (Read 1813 times)

Offline Tracker0721

Worth it!
« on: April 09, 2015, 10:54:55 pm »
Nocked out my second point in many months after reading some Traditional Bowyers Bible #3 while at work then watching a Paleomanjim youtube thing and boom! The line "Focus on making good flakes, and an arrowhead will have to be made" or something like that is what I was trying to do. I like it. Just couldn't get rid of the ridge on one side.... And then at the very end I stepped on a piece of flint while sweeping!
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline Chippintuff

Re: Worth it!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 11:07:11 pm »
Now now now! No shoes and knapping!? Be careful or you'll be going to the ER. That point is a good start. Keep at it.

WA

Offline sleek

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 11:22:33 pm »
Dude, looks like a pro made it. It will work. It drew blood.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Parnell

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 08:54:27 am »
Nice point.  I've had a few run ins on my feet like that.  You are rolling Florida style.  The worst is having a little splinter of rock embed into your foot though, not fun pulling out a rock splinter.  Eye protection mandatory...shoes optional!
1’—>1’

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 09:13:04 am »
Nice point but bad leak :o.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 11:16:06 am »
Nice point, I also find myself knapping barefoot many a time.  keep up with the you tube thing. 

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 08:39:38 pm »
Yep! Steve beat me to it. If not barefoot down here at least flip flops. And it really sucks when you are off somewhere with flip flops on and a chip starts working it's way through your shoe and foot. Nice job on the point.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?