Author Topic: morels  (Read 5927 times)

Offline rover brewer

morels
« on: April 14, 2015, 09:02:01 pm »
is it too late to find morels in mid. tenn. thanks for any help.
john 3:16

Offline nclonghunter

Re: morels
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 10:15:29 pm »
Lots of folks are finding them now. Some mountain areas haven't started yet. I would say you are in prime time.
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 07:15:15 am »
Still early here in Mid-Michigan  - been lookin' the last two days. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline rover brewer

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 06:54:15 am »
thanks for the replies Ill be looking.
john 3:16

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 07:44:22 pm »
If you are getting rain and temps in the 70's then I would be on the watch. I picked about 20 today, here in NC but we have had some warm temps and plenty of rain.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 08:05:48 pm »
I haven't found one morel where I live and we've been here 25 years.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 08:28:12 pm »
Pat, I had only found one a few years back until this year..probably found close to fifty this year...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 09:27:23 pm »
Steve Parker(Hillbilly) usually finds a good mess near where he lives in Maggie Valley.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chef-d405

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 05:41:03 am »
I know this is an old topic but i love morels and i couldn't resist a reply. We had a great year for morels here in central ok. Morels grow best with temps in the low 70's and will not grow in temps over 80. So, the season can vary depending on rainfall and where you are located. We had a grocery sack full every day for a couple weeks here. My executive chef harvested most of them and we even got some big enough to do them stuffed. The rest we made a steak topping with a french style red wine and veal stock demi. Absolutely incredible on a pecan grilled ribeye.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 10:58:38 pm »
I know this is an old topic but i love morels and i couldn't resist a reply. We had a great year for morels here in central ok. Morels grow best with temps in the low 70's and will not grow in temps over 80. So, the season can vary depending on rainfall and where you are located. We had a grocery sack full every day for a couple weeks here. My executive chef harvested most of them and we even got some big enough to do them stuffed. The rest we made a steak topping with a french style red wine and veal stock demi. Absolutely incredible on a pecan grilled ribeye.

Sounds so good I would probably throw out the steak to make room for more shrooms!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.