Author Topic: Arrow flight  (Read 3866 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Arrow flight
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 04:20:37 pm »
Thanks PD, that's what I want to hear. I know at my level of shooting(poor) I shouldn't be concerning myself but if I'm going to make an arrow it might as well be a good one.

That's a good way to look at it DC. If you make a good arrow then that takes one thing out of the mix. But now you can't blame the arrow for missing.  >:D

I'm deadly at 5 yards but watch out at 20.

I find there is a sweet spot on the riser where the arrow wants to be positioned. I recently marked that said spot on a bow I'm finishing up. When I shot it off my knuckle I was dead on. So I built up the handle and added a shelf with some thick leather. I noticed the shelf was about an eighth inch higher than I wanted. So I shot it a few times and the flight was terrible till I rasped it down till my arrow laid on my mark. Then it finally started shooting like it should. Just my 2cents, Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline bow101

Re: Arrow flight
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 11:30:59 pm »
Thanks again guys for all your tips and experience.   I have finally figured it out it was my nock point I was doing it wrong 3/8" to low. Wonder why my arrows were going  kerflewey everywhere........ ???
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell