Author Topic: instinctive shooting focus  (Read 7432 times)

Offline dam_01

Re: instinctive shooting focus
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 06:23:21 am »
For whats it's worth for me, relaxing is also crucial.
Almost concentrating without concentrating or thinking without thinking. Ha, reading that back sounds like some new age zen nonsense!
I suppose it's the classic don't over think or over analyse.

I and I bet just about everyone has had that occasion where the make 2 or 3 brilliant shots, right next to each other only to 'drop' the last arrow out of the group. Probably not directly caused, but certainly not helped b trying to work out what you did right the last 3 times or by desperately willing yourself to "don't miss this one! Dont miss this one! Don't miss this one..."

Offline DC

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 12:28:51 pm »
For whats it's worth for me, relaxing is also crucial.
Almost concentrating without concentrating or thinking without thinking. Ha, reading that back sounds like some new age zen nonsense!
I suppose it's the classic don't over think or over analyse.

I and I bet just about everyone has had that occasion where the make 2 or 3 brilliant shots, right next to each other only to 'drop' the last arrow out of the group. Probably not directly caused, but certainly not helped b trying to work out what you did right the last 3 times or by desperately willing yourself to "don't miss this one! Dont miss this one! Don't miss this one..."

This hit home :D I don't know how many times I've said," This is going to be my best group ever---OH CRAP!"

Offline Little John

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2015, 07:12:55 pm »
If I ever get it figured out I will be sure to let you all know.      Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell