Author Topic: Turkey Camp....now with IOW(ABO)W'S HUMILIATING COPPER TURKEY CALL  (Read 16221 times)

Offline iowabow

Re: Turkey Camp....now with graphic details of an amazing stalk!
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2015, 10:16:32 am »
Well as promised here is the most disrespectful gift an ABO hunter could ever receive. The only sound possible from something as sacrilegious as a copper turkey call is a guttural grunt as acid starts moving up your esophagus the very moment before you toss your cookies. Well at least the mouth piece is antler so it's not all bad.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:45:51 am by iowabow »
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2015, 10:40:17 pm »
I dunno, soy and I got gobblers to answer that call like crazy before you got here! 

HAHA!  IOW-ABO-W HUNTS WITH A COPPER TURKEY CALL!  HAHA!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Turkey Camp....now with IOW(ABO)W'S HUMILIATING COPPER TURKEY CALL
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2015, 07:43:29 am »
Great stories, love them. Thanks guys for sharing. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2015, 10:14:12 am »
Great stories, love them. Thanks guys for sharing. :)
   Pappy
precisely.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2015, 01:05:46 pm »
Listen, this idea of inviting PA friends out to hunt with me was purely selfish on my part.  I got them to spend their hard earned money and vacation days to drive across country to hang out with me, entertain me, sit around a makeshift table with me over a meal, laugh at my inane attempts at jokes, and generally make my life a little bit better.  All I did was promise to give them a place to do it, and put some time into cooking the meals ahead of time.  They did all the rest. 

Seriously.  Consider hosting your own PA mini-gathering.  Even if it is a burger burn in the backyard while folks scrape wood or beat on rocks.  You can't believe what it does for your heart and soul! No wonder Pappy is such a great guy...he gets to be uplifted by about 500 folks coming out to cheer him up at the Classic.

If you want pointers on the mechanics of organizing one of these mini-events, shoot me a p.m. I can give you all kinds of little tips.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2015, 03:20:56 pm »
I dunno, soy and I got gobblers to answer that call like crazy before you got here! 

HAHA!  IOW-ABO-W HUNTS WITH A COPPER TURKEY CALL!  HAHA!

Te he he  >:D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline stickbender

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2015, 01:32:19 am »

Great times!  J.W. is that a Cottonwood tree stump?  man, I need to get a couple of big hunks of the bark.  Tim, are you heading out towards western Montana?  Stop, in, take a shower, have a beer, use the rest room, say hi to my deer, and turkeys, and Andy the Cat, that owns me.  Seriously, stop in Thompson Falls, Mt. and say hi, and have a beer, or cup of tea, coffee, lighter fluid, benzene, or a soda.  I don't have any sodas, but if that is what you want, I will get some.  I didn't know you lived in the Cape.  I would have stopped in and said howdy, before I came out here.  I am now in my Happy Place.  You are welcome to stop for awhile.  I wanted to stop and say hey to J.W., when I passed through "Vapid City", but Andy, said if they have a dog, I am going to stop, so I had to keep driving.  Anyway, glad you got to meet up with J.W. and the rest of the misfits, that sign in on here, now and then.  Sounds like you had a ball.  I will have to show J.W. how I call turkeys here.  It's, cracked corn, and Here, turkey, turkey, turkey, I have use my leg to move them out of the deer food, unless a deer, is smacking them.  No hoofing, up dark, dangerous, steep, icy cold, slushy, mountains, and dripping wet under growth, and other silly, turkey hunters, each calling each other in closer, and closer.  Should I ever decide to violate the safe zone of my property, it would not be difficult to harvest a turkey of my choice, but it is not that difficult to harvest one farther, up the mountain, or other parts of the area.  One rancher, let a turkey hunter, camp out on his property, and he was doing his best for about three days, and was constantly being frustrated.  The rancher, finally went up to him, and asked him if wanted to get a nice tom, and he excitedly said yes, so the rancher, put him in his truck, and drove, back towards, the ranch house, and stopped by the fence, and there was a flock of about twenty or more birds, right next to the fence, and the rancher, asked him if any of them suited him.  Anyway, thanks, J.W. and the rest of the gang, for an entertaining read.  Sorry, you didn't replenish your feather, and wing bone larder, but there is always next year.  Just don't tell J.W. that Hoot Owl tastes like chicken. :D

Wayne