Author Topic: Oetzi Quiver build-a-long (well this is what I did..)  (Read 15942 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: Oetzi Quiver build-a-long (well this is what I did..)
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 08:22:37 pm »

Wow! :o 8) Thanks, that is great.  As for what to do with extra wool, have you thought of making an Oetzi hat?  A hair on goat skin pouch would make a good pouch, for your extra string, arrow heads, flint,small knife, or what have you, and more durable.  Excellent build along, and much appreciated.  Makes me want to get into some felting in a few months.  I have always wondered how our ancestors did that.  Thanks again, and very nice quiver.  And a whole lot of ideas running through my head now, for making felt items.  Well done, sir.

Wayne

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 10:18:08 pm »
Congrats on a good looking and practical quiver.  Though the water repellancy issue likely needs to be addressed.  Also like the yarn color you chose compared to the one in the book.  Look forward to pics after ya get the leather strap attached.  Thanks for taking time to take us along on your build.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Cromm

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 10:02:09 pm »
Very nice indeed.
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2017, 04:16:30 am »
I like this style of quiver  :D although I carry a type of stalkerquiver most. I have one that is a combination oetzi-/ plainsstyle and stalkerstyle.... its from an old jacket of sealskin.
May be you can use a thick  woolen army blanket for an oetziquiver!?