Author Topic: music in the bowyers workshop  (Read 18356 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: music in the bowyers workshop
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 10:59:25 am »
I pretty much listen to Bob fm 105.1. They play some old country all the way up to country from the mid 90's. Country is pretty much all I listen to. I like a few older rock songs but I've never been good with names or song titles. If I had some bluegrass I would listen to it from time to time. As well as some Indian flute music. That was something that my grandmother loved so I listened to it quite a bit. But I can't stand a blaring radio or one that's so soft I can't hear what is playing. It's just loud enough for me to hear good in the background. I also like local small bands, one is called Big Smith they have some good toe tapping music. A buddy turned me on to a group called Pokey Lafarge, you all should check them out on you tube! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Cloudfeather

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 11:16:58 am »
My music taste while working is as eclectic as my personality. Everything from Pantera to Jackson Browne to Jackie Wilson to SRV. Whatever mood I'm in that particular day. Pandora is my shop buddy. Lol

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 11:34:31 am »
I prefer quiet in the shop when I'm working
Ah, we like the same...
I'll send you a CD with silence on it so you can play it while you're working :laugh:
Del

I did that once, cranked it as high as I could and broke off the knob!  Next thing you know, my neighbor came over and started raising hell.

He's a mime.

So I shot him.

Used a silencer.  8)
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline DC

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 01:02:53 pm »
Ten Years After. Jefferson Airplane. Cream. The Band. Steppenwolf. Neil Young. The Doobies. Midnight Oil. Fleetwood Mac. Now, guess my age :D

Offline chef-d405

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 01:05:18 pm »
I usually have the radio on. Either the local rock station (100.5 KATT) or a country station. country stations get switched when I start hearing too much of the "Nashville r&b." lol.

Offline bubby

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2015, 01:12:54 pm »
Nice list dc, don't forget townes van zant, the flying burrito brothers, tom rush, the list goes on
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline DC

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2015, 01:42:06 pm »
Nice list dc, don't forget townes van zant, the flying burrito brothers, tom rush, the list goes on

If I'm feeling young I move into the eighties. Some of my all time favorites are from the eighties. Since the sixties didn't happen until the seventies in Canada I get kind of confused. Probably something I did in the seventies ;) ;) ;)

Offline Spotted Dog

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2015, 04:06:40 pm »
Wow!  Heavy metal. Neil Young, Blackberry Smoke, Mountain , Dio.
Sounds like I'm in good company.  Can't headbang any more but still love it.
A three strand cord is not easily broken. Ecc.4:12

Offline Jay

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2015, 10:46:17 pm »

Offline Jay

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2015, 10:57:11 pm »
If my last post does not bring the history of it ....in just slam in back n black. Yes i was drinkn beer in 1978 and wreckn this album.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2015, 11:33:10 pm »
If my last post does not bring the history of it ....in just slam in back n black. Yes i was drinkn beer in 1978 and wreckn this album.

Wow, you were a time tripper!  It didn't come out until the summer of 1980!  I wrecked three vinyl copies and two cassettes over the years.  Now I have the Hayseed Dixie version of it from online. 

Offline Jay

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2015, 11:42:01 pm »
ya.. i could be wrong on the year.  8) at this pint i don't know if that matters. I still..and continue to.. blast it out of me Jeep, dodge or what ever I'm in.

Have a .... on me!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2015, 11:50:43 pm »
35 years and it is still as fresh as ever.

Offline WillS

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2015, 01:25:18 pm »
I can't do anything in silence, so I have to listen to music while I make stuff.

Rumours by Fleetwood Mac is my most played album in the workshop, but generally anything.  Opeth is a good band to carve wood to...

Offline PatM

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2015, 01:35:16 pm »
 I like listening to music when I'm listening to music. Always thought it was odd when people could basically not function at anything else unless they had music powering them along.