Author Topic: Rain and company  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Rain and company
« on: May 25, 2015, 09:07:39 am »
Its been raining here for seems like weeks!  Not hard, just steady.  Well the creek in front of the house looks like the river behind the house and it finally washed out the crossing.  There is plenty of rock and gravel in the river bank below the corals, but they are a muddy mess and not tractor passable!  One of my old buddies from my work days and the San Juans and his wife are due for a visit any day.  Also some crazy dude from Florida has told me he is working his way here!  Hawk tells me the fish have been biting in the lake across the mountain, but no way to get the boat out!  Life is Good as Pappy says and I am happy to only have small problems to deal with.  Its getting "renewal" time for the elk, antelope, and deer and this wet weather could be a miserable time for them!  My thoughts have been all about the millions who over the years gave there lives in combat to protect our way of life.  I wonder if they would understand what that way of life has become for so many of today's people!  Thanks for reading! Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Rain and company
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 10:31:58 am »
So true Joe , a great day as is every day to remember and give thanks.Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 12:47:39 pm »
Truly, when we stop to look at why Decoration Day was begun, and why we call it Memorial Day, our "problems" really don't count for much and should be replaced with a feeling of gratitude and respect for those that have fallen. 

I am going to spend a little time today reaching out to those I know that served and did not fall, to let them know that I, too, am thinking of their friends and comrades that they lost. It's all well and good to put a wreath at the tomb of the unknown soldier, but let us not do so while neglecting the known.

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 10:01:00 am »
quote author=Wolf Watcher link=topic=52724.msg714482#msg714482 date=1432552707]
 I wonder if they would understand what that way of life has become for so many of today's people! 
[/quote]
I think they turn in their graves.
Looks like you need an amphib at the ranch.
Let us know how things turn out.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.