Linked Events

• IBO 7th Traditional world@TwinOaks: July 17, 2015 - July 19, 2015

Author Topic: IBO 7th Traditional world@TwinOaks  (Read 18618 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: IBO 7th Traditional world@TwinOaks
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 01:22:53 pm »
This sounds like a good time, ...but I simply can't miss MOJAM.  The Bowyer gods would spite me and make every bow I tillered all year hinge in three places and half my staves would be infested with borer beetles in their storage bins.  Just not a gamble I can take.   :o :( :-[

...and yes DVS before your pipe up, I do have some bows that are not already hinged in 3 places;)

OneBow

Amen brother!  I gave pappy a hard time at the classic about this. I told him "so this is why you all don't come to mojam!"

I'm sure you all will have a good time. I'll be thinking about you while I'm standing in a pile of Osage shavings! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 11:38:57 pm »
Dang....already have the Friday before and Monday after scheduled off for Mojam...now i got a delimma.... I thought IBO was the weekend before Mojam..dang dang dang!! And im off the first 2 weeks in July and was plannin on comin down for it... :o :o ::)... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 06:18:19 am »
I know guys, and MoJam has been around a lot longer , I completely understand. This was started 7 years ago and the date was the only one available for a shoot like this, there are so many events around now. ??? Wished it was on a different date, I sure don't want to pull from MoJam it is legendary for self bow folks, just asking if anyone wasn't planning on it, or maybe wasn't wanting to make that long drive if they were in the east to come by and enjoy ours. Surly as I said won't be MoJam or the Classic but very much bow/arrow related.  :) Yall have  a
good one, I am sure both will be hot enough. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 10:23:56 am »
Don't feel bad pappy. Just giving you a hard time. If I could clone myself I would be in both places at the same time! I can't wait for the classic next year! Wish I lived closer I would love to drop by more often! Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 11:08:50 am »
I am still panning on coming up sometime in the 1st 2 weeks of July 👍
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 04:52:26 am »
Just let me know Brian. I will be there every weekend and the whole week of the 13th through the weekend. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2015, 05:00:30 am »
Well less than a month away. I am getting a lot of calls/emails from self bow folks all over this great country, didn't know their was that many around, I am getting excited that this might be the year that we really have a good showing of self bows;) :) at the World event. I thought everyone that made and shot self bows was on PA  ??? ??? guess I was mistaken seems they are everywhere and you got to love that. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2015, 09:09:21 am »
Well less than a month away. I am getting a lot of calls/emails from self bow folks all over this great country, didn't know their was that many around, I am getting excited that this might be the year that we really have a good showing of self bows;) :) at the World event. I thought everyone that made and shot self bows was on PA  ??? ??? guess I was mistaken seems they are everywhere and you got to love that. :)
   Pappy

Amen, Pappy!
Patrick

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 04:58:14 am »
a. Bow – no man made material can be used on bow except string material and glue. No performance enhancing material may back the bow (ie. Another wood, bamboo, rawhide or sinew). Only decorative materials such as snake skins may be used.
b. Arrow – must be wood, bamboo or cane.
A Primitive bow shot with fingers directly contacting the bowstring using a glove, finger tab, or bare fingers, Archers may use up to two (2) nock locating devices, but they must use the same nocking point and anchor point for each shot and the index finger must contact the string in the same place for each shot. The index finger must touch the nock of the arrow. Face and/or string walking are not permitted. No sighting device of any kind may be used. There shall be no markings on the bow or bowstring (intentional or accidental) that could be construed as sighting marks. No type of draw check or clicker may be used. Arrows shall be made of wood, bamboo or cane and shall be identical in length, weight, and color (allowances shall be made for normal wear). Arrows shall be shot off the hand or shelf of the riser. No soft materials that will assist or affect the paradox of the arrow may be used to build up the shelf or strike plate of the riser. Archers may use a hard material on the shelf or on the side of the riser under a hair or leather strip that does not exceed 1/8” thickness. The shelf may not be built up in a manner that will give the archer an advantage in terms of feather or vane clearance. The intent is that the shelf meets the side of the riser (strike plate) so the built-up shelf may not be a pyramid that provides clearance and separation from the bow riser. PRM archers will shoot from the White stake.
A Primitive Bow shot in PRM shall conform to the following specifications:
1. The bowstring, when the bow is strung, may only contact the nocks of the bow. ;) For anybody that may be interested in the self bow class at the IBO Traditional World. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2015, 07:26:19 am »
3 weeks and closing, ranges are laid out and all set but one and clean up/dress up is under way. Should be a fun one. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2015, 04:46:25 am »
16 days, I love this event but will glad when it is over, or at least gets here :).lots of I's to dot and T's to cross to pull this one off and I am getting worn out and my head is swimming.  ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 10:16:15 am »
Great news, just talked to Gary and he said he had everything worked out to make the event, looking forward to seeing him again. He had to leave early from the Classic because of family issues and we didn't get to spend much time together. :( Matt the ball is in you court now, he said he would call you this evening to finalize the plan. Really looking forward to seeing yall.
Let me know what you come up with so I can have supper ready when you roll in.  ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2015, 03:33:54 pm »
It's good to see Gary out and about more !!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2015, 04:03:50 pm »
It sounds like this will be a good one and a great place to learn form some of the best archers in the country. 

At this point I believe I will be up in Michigan that week so I won't be able to make it.  But If my schedule changes, I will be there fore sure Pappy!!

Ed
When I stop learning please put me in a box!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2015, 05:02:50 am »
Hope it works out Ed. Love to have ya.2 weeks !!! man I better get busy. ???
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good