Linked Events

• IBO 7th Traditional world@TwinOaks: July 17, 2015 - July 19, 2015

Author Topic: IBO 7th Traditional world@TwinOaks  (Read 18411 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
IBO 7th Traditional world@TwinOaks
« on: May 27, 2015, 11:25:42 am »
TwinOaks will be hosting the 7th annual IBO Traditional world at our range in Chapmansboro,TN the 17/18/19 of July 2015. We hosted the 2nd/3rd/and 4th and now we have decided to do it again. The one thing that has changed is the self bow class, I have been working on getting this changed since we first did the event, it has finally happened. It will still be called the Primitive Class for this year but the rules have changed and is truly a self bow Class . I am hoping we can get some of the folks that make the Classic to come and support this. It ant the Classic but a lot of the same things that go on and people will be there. Here are the new rules for the class, feel free to comment on your thoughts as to how to make it better. It is a work in progress and we also plan on hosting this through at least 2016.Tell me what you think and you support will be much appreciated. I will also post and added event that is just for the self bow class on another post. Thanks. :)The self-bow Class is a true self bow, Not Laminated bows of all natural material which has been called the Primitive Class in the pasted ? Self-bow meaning SELF BACKED with nothing that would enhance performance or longevity ? Also must shoot Wood or Cain arrows, Snake skins OK , laminated bows /such as Bamboo /sinew/rawhide/board backed in [ Traditional long bow class ]  . This make all the sense in the world to me  :)  for info call 615-456-5961 or email[markbaggett@detdist.com]or pm me right here.  ;) :) Pappy
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 12:33:38 pm by Calendargirl »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
Re: IBO 7th Traditional world@TwinOaks
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 11:28:30 am »
We also have in the planning stage to have a shoot down with the top 12 self bow folks depending on the numbers in the class from the Hunter challenge course Saturday evening in the same place the Three Rivers shoot down takes place. C&D archery will sponsor the shoot down with $250.00 cash divided between the top 3.We are working to finalize the format and will have that info up as soon as it is finished. Should be exciting to watch. Finally something special for the self bow folks.  This should be fun also.  ;)Pappy
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 08:23:40 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 09:01:28 am »
I'm going to put it on the calandar! 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 10:39:52 am »
Love to have you Matt, I know Gary is supposed to make it. You have a title to defend anyway. Maybe shoot you selfbow challenge bow from the Classic you seemed to shoot it pretty good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 08:37:19 am »
I was thinking of shooting the Challenge bow.  Looks like I'll have to sand and put a finish on her.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 12:26:25 pm »
Good job  Pappy !
Love all you and the Twin Oaks crew do for Primitive archery !
Thank you!!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 04:54:13 am »
Thanks Guy, it's a labor of love. :) Good news on the Self bow shoot down. Arvin, a friend from Texas had decided to put 100.00 up for this and the self bow side of TwinOaks decided this weekend to thrown in another 150.00 for 500.00 total. 250.00 to 1st place 150.00 to 2nd and 100.00 to 3rd. Should be interesting and I am sure we will get some good shooters. Hope some of yall can make it. :) Of course we will have a lot of regular Traditional shooters/long bow/ recurves but this is special for the true self bow bow folks. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 11:25:10 pm »
If I'm not traveling that week I'll swing on by pappy.
Ed
When I stop learning please put me in a box!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 04:56:55 am »
Love to have you Ed, I think you will enjoy it.  :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 05:00:14 am »
Got the word yesterday, 70 targets should arrive at TwinOaks today or tomorrow ,that is a big relief for me, always worry about them getting in on time. Lots of big stuff so we should be able to set a heck of a nice course. Come on out and enjoy. With the new self bow class I promise it will be fun.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 05:07:58 am »
Targets showed up yesterday, what an evening un packing them, got some pretty cool stuff tho, so guess it was worth it. ??? I had forgotten we had ordered a Buffalo, we haven't had one of them on the range in years, this thing is huge, almost the size of the moose only legs are shorter, maybe I can at least hit him. :-\ Got the word from a bunch of self bow guys from TX. and OK. that are making the trip so we self bow folks should have a very good showing, most shoots like this you see very few selfbows but I think this one is going to be different. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 02:21:45 pm »
Good deal Pappy !
show the rest of the world what  we can do !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2015, 05:27:59 am »
Thanks Guy, wished you could make it, we need some of us old school guys there. ;) :) I just hope I get time to shoot. :-\ usually I am to busy but going to try and take the time this yeas and hoping to get to shoot with Matt and Gary. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 08:18:02 am »
For those that aren't going to MoJam [ sorry the date is the same]and looking for a fun weekend come on over to TwinOaks, this is going to be a fun event, lots of self bow guys coming in from TX. and OK. which will make it more interesting getting to meet some new people and  some special stuff for self bows.Also some of the best shooters in the World and that is something to see. I didn't think the first year we held this I would enjoy it much but I was very badly mistaken, it was a lot of fun for sure. So if you are looking for something to do on a hot weekend come on over to TN. Love to have a bunch of my PA buddies show up so we can show them how to shoot. ;) :) It ant the Classic as I have said but still a very good time with a bunch of like minded folks that I am sure you will enjoy. :)I can promise you will have a good time and almost guarantee it will be HOT.  ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 11:21:24 am »
This sounds like a good time, ...but I simply can't miss MOJAM.  The Bowyer gods would spite me and make every bow I tillered all year hinge in three places and half my staves would be infested with borer beetles in their storage bins.  Just not a gamble I can take.   :o :( :-[

...and yes DVS before your pipe up, I do have some bows that are not already hinged in 3 places;)

OneBow
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:45:23 pm by Onebowonder »