Linked Events

• IBO 7th Traditional world@TwinOaks: July 17, 2015 - July 19, 2015

Author Topic: IBO 7th Traditional world@TwinOaks  (Read 18581 times)

Offline Otis

Re: IBO 7th Traditional world@TwinOaks
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2015, 07:34:02 pm »
Owlbait, myself and Michael from Twin Oaks made the 12 man shoot down on Friday.  I don't know if any of the other guys are PA members or
not.  Pappy will know.  I tied for 12th with a guy from Ohio and we had to have a one arrow shoot off.  The two guys from the IBO and Pappy were
there.  I felt a little pressure as I was shooting a bow Pappy gave me a few years ago.  Lucky for me I was closer to the dot than he was.  I did
get put out the first round though. :-[  It was a great weekend though.

David

owlbait

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2015, 07:47:50 pm »
David, congratulations. Not sure I could handle the pressure. Plus the best part of my shooting is trash talking and my buddy KH pointed out that shoots like that probably don't allow that. Sure would be neat to see a list of equipment and strategies that different self bow shooters use in an event like that!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2015, 12:46:45 am »
Several fellas from my local club attended the competition.  They made good showing and returned with glowing reports re the Twin Oaks organization, facilities, and ranges.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2015, 04:22:20 am »
Yes trash talk is very much allowed . ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2015, 09:54:23 am »
I thought if was mandatory Pappy. :)  The bunch I shot with was BroDan and two of my fellow members from Cloverdale.  It was a hoot.  Brodan shot his selfbow, Blood,Sweat and Beers and we
both out shot my club members shooting Robertson recurves.  Think we didn't let them hear about that.  :)  As said before, it was a great weekend.

David

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2015, 09:18:15 am »
Pappy, it sounds like everyone had a great time.  Hopfully we be able to read about it in PA later this year.
I'll see you next week at Elm Hall, drive safe.
Ed
When I stop learning please put me in a box!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2015, 11:13:50 pm »
I had a great time at this event.  It was a lot different than the classic, but the twin oaks hospitality was at the same level of excellence as always.  It was good to hang out with old friends and make a few new ones as well.  Many thanks to Dave(Otis) and brother Dan for the good grub and warm hospitality as well.  I believe that I'll make time to practice and give this another go next year.  Thanks for everything Pappy!  Josh

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2015, 12:39:49 am »
I was thinkin the same thing Josh... Maybe one of us can break 200 next year, lol.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Josh B

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2015, 11:00:34 pm »
I was thinkin the same thing Josh... Maybe one of us can break 200 next year, lol.... Brian

We can always hope!  Lol!  Josh

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2015, 03:45:42 pm »
This was another top notch event put on by TwinOaks and Pappy. Thanks for all y'all's hard work. If I show up next year with that Champion generator put sugar in the gas tank. Lol I think they call it Champion because of how loud they are. See ya next year.  Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!