Author Topic: READ RASBERRYS  (Read 2854 times)

Offline crooketarrow

READ RASBERRYS
« on: July 03, 2015, 11:30:49 am »
 Anyone pick rasberrys,(PURPLES GONE REDRASBERRY NOW) I've planted gallons of seeds the last 5 springs here I've lived here. I've done this for years everywhere I've lived ringed to many food plots to remember.

Really easy to do just get a pointy stick make a hole put in a berry step it shut it'll come up. Next summer but they won't have berry untill the second year 3 if you have sucky soil. I do'nt do it for me, I learned it for helping my grandady he did it every spring growing  up to his death. He'd do anything for turkeys.

He did it for the turkeys and everything else that use's them for a food scorce. Me included, me and WENDY started picking a few days ago, getting a little more than a gallon. Not ripen most hav'nt even poped open yet.  Only half last gallon last evenigng but give it a week as long as the sun dose it's part.

There wo'nt be enough day light in a day to pick all the ones we looked at thats not even poped open.

WENDY'S little mutt dog was along and found a black snake at the edge of the hay field we were at. Wendy took pics.,vidio of me catching him he was longer than me tall I'm 59. He was majorly strong for only 6 feet.

First thing my old lady said kill him and put him on a bow. I've did 3 black snakes and they look cool but I did'nt wan't to kill him.

I like copper heads with black snake bans added best. I've used snake skin bans of all kinds of snakes for years.This always gives your bow a little class.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
Re: READ RASBERRYS
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 02:33:55 pm »
I have a patch at the corner of my house. I go out every night and grab a few cups, and bring them in for a bedtime snack. My puppy figured them out too. He goes over and gets a few when I go out. I love them!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 11:02:15 am »
  I ment red not read.

I love them over ceral. I also eat a few hands full each night.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

JacksonCash

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 05:29:10 pm »
Growing up we had a huge patch of raspberrys along side our garden- probably 3' wide by 50' long. They are my favorite berry. Over cereal, ice cream, even just cream.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 12:20:48 pm »
No Rasberrys in these parts.
Blackberrys out the Wazoo.  I pick gallons and gallons every year.
These City Slickers that I work with pay good money for them. :)

My Blueberry bushes are just now starting to produce.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline chamookman

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 06:49:46 pm »
Some Reds, mostly Blacks - I call 'Em Thimble Berrys (they are HUGE) here in Mid-Michigan. They make wonderful Jam! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline DC

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 08:36:55 pm »
I have a bunch of Himalayan blackberries that I'm "trying" to train along our fence. Normally they don't ripen until end of August but with this hot spell I've been pickin' for a week. It's going to be a bumper crop this year. ;D