Author Topic: store bought field points?  (Read 6933 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: store bought field points?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 12:26:25 pm »
Kenneth, did you recognize the strip metal point in the pics I posted. It is one you sent me a few years back.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 02:55:25 pm »
Yep they look familiar, do you need more of either type. I need to get some more made up. I think I will order 50 of the bamboo shafts from china and will need some cool points for them. Been going thru lots of arrows lately made a dozen and am already down to eight. If I am not careful I won't have enough to hunt with. Have a good one Pat.
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline DC

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2015, 03:06:09 pm »
How/Where do you order shafts from China, if you don't mind?

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2015, 03:33:17 pm »
I found the ones I use on amazon. They were listed a 3/8" bamboo garden stakes 36". I got 500 for $70. I would say around half of them are choice raw shafting and about a 1/4 were usable with serious work. The other 1/4 will be used in non-arrow projects. If you don't mind the work involved with sorting and finishing raw shafts it was a great deal. It should be a few years before I need to order more.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline Little John

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2015, 05:45:32 pm »
I have not bought any yet but I found them on ebay. Straightened, spine matched, tempered, very straight and uniform looking, long between the nodes, the seller represents them to be very high quality. Cost is 130.00 dollars for fifty after air shipping. Less than three dollars each, about what you would spend on cedar from three rivers. If you want matched bamboo arrows it makes more sense to me than spending countless hours to get a few almost matched arrows.
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2015, 05:56:06 pm »
I actually enjoyed the sorting and preparation. To each their own I guess. I enjoy doing everything from as close to scratch as I can get. Plus the $.23 a piece I paid was hard to pass up. I was happy with what I got for that price, knowing I had the time to prep raw shafts.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline Little John

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2015, 11:23:52 pm »
Oh I hear ya brother, and they do make nice arrows.     Kenneth