Author Topic: The Revenant movie.. Hugh Glass.  (Read 8978 times)

Offline IndianGuy

The Revenant movie.. Hugh Glass.
« on: July 18, 2015, 02:47:09 pm »
Well I saw the trailer for the new movie "The Revenant" about the mountain man Hugh Glass. The trailer is awesome. I made over 30 bows for this movie and more than 200 hand made arrows 90 of them were dogwood. Very excited for a movie featuring real Native Americans using real Native archery gear. You should check out the trailer if you get a chance.
Eric

Offline bubby

Re: The Revenant movie.. Hugh Glass.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 05:08:03 pm »
Cool deal, only thing i see wrong with it is DiCaprio just don't like him much
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 05:20:00 pm »
Looks like a good movie.  I'll have to check it out when it is released.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 05:22:02 pm »
Very cool, Eric.  8)  I caught a small bit of a trailer on TV but I think I'd like to see it in full.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Traxx

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 05:54:09 pm »
saw the trailer the other day and i was thinking,Who did i hear,was making the bows and arrows for this movie?

Now i remember,in fact,it was your site Eric,that i first heard of the movie.

I hafta agree with Bubby though.They couldnt find anyone better for the part?LOL

Reading the comments from the trailer,i had to laugh,how most dont know history very well and were accusing this movie of  stealing the idea,from Man in the wilderness,when in fact,that movie stold the facts from the Hugh Glass story.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 08:39:20 pm »
Ha!  I was wondering who got that contract, Eric.  Glad to hear I lost it to you. 

I live just a few hours from where the actual events took place here in South Dakota and have hunted grouse and pheasants in the general area for years.  Always wonder with each step whether his blood nourished the soil where I am standing.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 06:58:03 pm »
Definitely will see this.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 09:23:51 pm »
Congratulations, Eric! Looking forward to seeing the movie.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline burnt

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 02:51:40 pm »
Loved the movie. I thought the bows were spot on. there seemed to be a lot of artistic license applied to the history but really cool movie. Nice bows Eric.  I love it when the arrows hit a tree or a person, they hit with authority.

Offline IndianGuy

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 03:05:15 pm »
Thanks guys, means a great deal coming from the caliber of bowyers on this site. People don't realize that Hollywood is fast pace and want everything yesterday.
Eric

Offline Tower

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 03:17:39 pm »
Great movie.   I saw it last week!
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 06:16:44 pm »
Life keeps throwing up roadblocks to seeing the movie. Maybe tonight!

edit . . . . . The Wife has informed that she's playin' Bunko tonight. Grrrrrr! But, we have a date for tomorrow eve!!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline bow101

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 06:22:02 pm »
Wow, crazy stuff and congrats on your endeavor.  I guess besides Billy Berger been on Naked and Afraid you are another famous bowyer although not running around nude.  :laugh:
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline IndianGuy

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 06:30:10 pm »
Lol bow101.
No sir no running around nude for me and I don't consider myself famous. There are many here that could have done the work as well as myself but thank you.
Having taught bow and arrow making for the bureau of indian education and specializing in the plains indian culture for the last thirty something years,besides being a native bowyer were more than likely the deciding factors for the movie makers choosing me. They wanted to be historically accurate as they could considering all factors involved.
Eric

Offline Zuma

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 09:23:21 pm »
Congratulations. I look forward  to seeing your work in the movie.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.