Author Topic: MoJam 2015 Pictures  (Read 25531 times)

Offline make-n-break

MoJam 2015 Pictures
« on: July 19, 2015, 10:21:22 am »
Hey guys, saw some folks asking for MoJam pics. I thought I'd start a new topic where everyone can post their photos of the gathering. I'll start with the few I've got. I didn't get a whole lot cuz there was too much stuff going on and too many foam animals that desperately needed to be turned into pincushions.

It was a pleasure to meet all of you. I apologize for not being able to say goodbye to everyone. We were getting pretty warm after a day of climbing the ranges so after loading up our gear, we were ready to get on the road and enjoy some A/C.  It's great to put faces and personalities to the usernames. This trip was a blast. I learned a lot just by watching more experienced bowyers working their magic in the building area. I didn't get to see many of the instructional demonstrations, but I did catch Patrick's class on sharpening draw knives and scrapers. Let me tell ya, that guy knows how to make a razor sharp edge and a razor sharp burr. Thanks Patrick. I'll be taking that information with me!!

Awesome people, beautiful bows, fun and challenging 3D ranges, ice cold beer... what more can an archery enthusiast ask for? I'm looking forward to next year.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 07:33:00 pm by make-n-break »
"When making a bow from board staves you are freeing a thing of dignity from the humiliation of static servitude." -TBB1

Offline make-n-break

Re: MoJam 2015 Pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 10:22:32 am »
The last of mine for now. I'll post the rest once I get them from my buddy.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 07:21:50 pm by make-n-break »
"When making a bow from board staves you are freeing a thing of dignity from the humiliation of static servitude." -TBB1

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 01:36:37 pm »
Well as most of ya'll know, I was the first person to arrive at mojam this year! I will do my best in the picture order. Patrick

7pm last Sunday night,

Most of my camp set up.

Monday am,

Knoll (Mike)  was the second one there. He got there about noon on Monday.

A little later dvshunter (dave) showed up with his three kids. Now it's getting fun!

More later! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 08:53:42 pm »
Here we go, more pictures in order as the week progressed. Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 08:57:32 pm »
More, I have several! Patrick

This is the first couple days, more to come. Patrick

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 09:34:03 pm »
Here we go with some more! Patrick

This bow stave has a 16 penny double headed nail in the center of the top limb. It's in the knot between the vise jaws. The big wart just down from it turned into the perfect center shot rest!

Knoll

Onebowwonder with a newbie!

Tuesday

The boy in the white shirt was shooting a wheel bow the day before, now he has his fiberglass recurve. He ended up making his first bow out of hickory and was shooting it on Saturday.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 09:41:55 pm »
Great supper, thanks Eric!

Tim enjoying his new draw scraper.

A little tiller work on my new tillering set up. This is the nail bow.

A little instruction from John W,  and Onebowwonder working on a piece of Walnut I gifted him a while back.

More to come, Patrick

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 10:30:53 pm »
Patrick, nice looking pictures.  As soon as my new phone comes in hopefully I can retrieve all the pics I took.  Keep em coming.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 10:34:45 pm »
Great looking pictures guys.  Looks like a lot of fun.  What happened to your phone Dave?  Did you lose it in your beard?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 10:51:42 pm »
Thanks for posting the pics guys. At least I can be there through them. Looking forward to more.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 11:43:08 pm »
Patrick, nice looking pictures.  As soon as my new phone comes in hopefully I can retrieve all the pics I took.  Keep em coming.

Thanks everyone, I have several more but it takes a bit to get them posted.
Dave I bet it got wet, I found it on the ground beside Eric's tent Friday morning in the rain. I hoped it would work, because I seen your pic on the home screen with your bow and handle wrap. That's how I knew it was yours. Patrick

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 12:11:42 am »
These two fellas worked hard and was a pleasure to be around. They took us kidding them really well.

Some night work, of course!

Look, I can do it without looking!

OneBow's son heat treating his hickory nail bow that he is making for his girlfriend.

The yewish Bowyer's! Left to right, Paul from Kansas, Tom Sawyer, and patches.

More tomorrow! Patrick

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 12:17:03 am by lebhuntfish »

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 12:26:26 am »
Good pictures = good memories
Thanks!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline JonW

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 12:38:17 am »
Patrick you are making it look like I may be a bowaholic with day and night pics of me working :)

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 12:49:11 am »
Patrick you are making it look like I may be a bowaholic with day and night pics of me working :)

Sorry John, there isn't too many left! Lol Patrick