Author Topic: MoJam 2015 Pictures  (Read 25566 times)

Offline make-n-break

Re: MoJam 2015 Pictures
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2015, 01:43:44 pm »
Same war bow as the first series of pics. 130+ at 32" but the owner has a little bit shorter draw and had them cut 31" to the beginning of the pile. It was his "light" bow for target shooting. He prefers 160+ lol. Great guy. Super nice and knew his stuff.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 01:47:10 pm by make-n-break »
"When making a bow from board staves you are freeing a thing of dignity from the humiliation of static servitude." -TBB1

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2015, 03:10:47 pm »
Cool pictures Correy! I shot that war bow last year too. Very smooth draw. The fellas name is John Murry.

P.S. I told you I was bad with names. Next year I will have more scrapers, with a different Weld on the handles that even you can't break >:D Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline make-n-break

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2015, 03:53:57 pm »
No worries! John! That's his name. I thought it was Jeff for some reason so I didn't say anything. Hard for anyone to remember names when you're meeting so many new people in a matter of minutes.

That sucker was sooo smooth. I couldn't believe it. Completely dead in the hand. Shooting that bow was a rare treat for me! I'll honestly probably never have a yew stave so that was my once in a lifetime opportunity.
"When making a bow from board staves you are freeing a thing of dignity from the humiliation of static servitude." -TBB1

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2015, 11:37:22 am »
Based on these pics, guess my pediatrician is correct .... I could stand to lose 30-40 lbs!

Based on these pictures I could too...  ::)

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2015, 11:50:41 am »
Same war bow as the first series of pics. 130+ at 32" but the owner has a little bit shorter draw and had them cut 31" to the beginning of the pile. It was his "light" bow for target shooting. He prefers 160+ lol. Great guy. Super nice and knew his stuff.

This image should come with a warning label for persons of French extraction as they are likely to pee their bitches and soil themselves a bit when they see it!  ...and GAWD FORBID that one should ever be posted from the business end perspective, ...we'd have a veritable epidemic of Pierre's, Jaque's, and Sebastian's with spontaneous coronaries! 

OneBow

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2015, 03:00:33 pm »

This image should come with a warning label for persons of French extraction as they are likely to pee their bitches and soil themselves a bit when they see it!  ...and GAWD FORBID that one should ever be posted from the business end perspective, ...we'd have a veritable epidemic of Pierre's, Jaque's, and Sebastian's with spontaneous coronaries! 

OneBow

Rolling on the floor, laughing my but off!  :laugh: :laugh: Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2015, 09:42:45 pm »
More pictures!

A little flute music by Onebowwonder and his wife Laura.

I got to enjoy a little old Tim music from these brothers.

I got to watch Onebowwonder string a drum. He done this while it rained. There was no need to wet the rawhide! That's my wife on the right.

Bowes wasn't all that was being made this year.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2015, 09:54:05 pm »
Still more to go!

I done a draw knife and scraper sharpening demonstration Friday and Saturday.

Well this is all I have on my phone. But my sister in law just told me that she took over 140pics. I'll go through them and see if there is any cool ones. Mojam 2015 was a awesome time, only 51 weeks till next year! Patrick

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2015, 10:49:02 pm »
Thanks for posting all these pics Patrick and everyone else. Sure looks like fun.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2015, 10:55:59 pm »
You bet Pat, wish you could have been there buddy! Sure was a lot of fun! Patrick

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2015, 04:11:28 pm »
I just got a couple pix from the new home of the drum I made at MOJAM.  This skin certainly dried in nicely!

OneBow

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2015, 06:03:07 pm »
Man that drum sure looks good Eric! Patrick

Offline ArmyRanger

« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2015, 01:31:37 pm »
wow spectacular drum there Eric.
Looks like you guys had a great time Im real sorry I couldnt make it had a last minute emergency.
Honest Sir it was on fire when I got here.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2015, 02:22:46 pm »
Wish you could have made it to Ranger! Sure was a lot of fun! But we will be there next year, same time, same place!
Patrick

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2015, 02:44:05 pm »
Can't wait, only 9 months to go!