Author Topic: We know about your hobbies  (Read 6347 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
We know about your hobbies
« on: July 27, 2015, 11:08:03 pm »
...what else do you want to learn? What would you like to add to your hobby list?
I'm interested in everything. That seems to be one of my main problems.  :-\   Too much stuff, not enough time!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

Re: We know about your hobbies
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 11:22:11 pm »
I would like to learn knife making and metal forging.  I've been messing around with a forge lately.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 11:24:41 pm »
That's on my list too, Clint.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Josh B

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 11:29:36 pm »
Somewhere down the line, I would like to learn how to build canoes and kayaks.  But that will have to wait until I finish a few firearm projects and a few bows that are in the works.  Josh

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 11:29:59 pm »
Blacksmithing. Weaving. Knapping better  :'(
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 11:31:32 pm »
I have your same problem Pat.  Guns bows knives painting woodworking house building and house tear downs.  Way too many things not enough time.  Hunting season is right around the corner.  Did I mention my wife and I own a our own buisness too.   TIME :-\
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 11:44:59 pm by IdahoMatt »

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 11:32:30 pm »
Somewhere down the line, I would like to learn how to build canoes and kayaks.  But that will have to wait until I finish a few firearm projects and a few bows that are in the works.  Josh

Ditto.  Cedar strip canoes and kayaks are amazingly beautiful and useful!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 12:49:29 am »
I would love to build a boat of some kind...and a camper, lol.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline sleek

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 01:12:40 am »
There are a few languages id like to learn, I want to learn n to knapp, also be better at charcoal portraits,  get more into boat building, as well as automotive tinkering,  model rockets, rc planes, build my own hoise, celestial navigation,  I someday hope to sail around the world again, except this time on a sailboat of my own design I build. Also want to perfect scratch built black powder ( I am a Hawkins after all ). There is a dual hammer design I want to try, left hammer is percussion,  right is fllint. Never without a soirce of ignition :) also a way to turn a break barrel into an auto loader.

I have a jet engine design, a compound bow design, as well as a few other things I have thought of I need more research on id love to patent.  That would include my wifes awesome bbq grillin sauce.  I have two books id like to write, one play, a few short cartoons, and one song id like to see performed by a country music star. I have much to do before I die.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline chamookman

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 04:30:26 am »
Flint Locks have been SCREAMING at Me the last couple of years. Seems to Me Primitive Archery & Buckskinning go hand & hand. Have done a lot of reading, and the mid to late 1700's interest Me - here in Michigan it's rich in history . I feel a Trade Gun in My future  :). Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline PNewton

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 08:32:07 am »
Blacksmithing and knifemaking is something I would like to try in the future. Time is my problem also.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 09:46:04 am »
I wanna learn basket weaving.
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline Badger

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 10:09:54 am »
   Looking back I wish I would have spent more time on flint knapping, and making cordage. Also weaving and trap building. Now I have reached an age where I might just find a new hobby, possibly making musical instruments.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 10:36:08 am »
 I would like to learn how to become rich so I would not have to go to work and have more time for any and all hobbies

Offline sleek

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 10:55:10 am »
   Looking back I wish I would have spent more time on flint knapping, and making cordage. Also weaving and trap building. Now I have reached an age where I might just find a new hobby, possibly making musical instruments.

I have been wanting to make a banjo and a guitar for a long time. Id be very interested in seeing what you make.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others