Author Topic: Gramps  (Read 13944 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Gramps
« on: July 29, 2015, 08:30:33 am »
I cant tell you how much I appreciate the Memorial Day article Cipriano penned, and PA published. Too many of our true American heroes are never recognized, instead society chooses people who willingly switch genders to be their heroes. It makes articles such as Cipriano's all the more special and meaningful to folks like us who still feel with true American hearts. I can promise you gramps and grandma are sitting side by side right now showing appreciation your way.

Again, thank you Cip and PA

The entire Koenigsknecht family

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 09:02:11 am by PEARL DRUMS »
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Buffalogobbler

Re: Gramps
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 10:52:19 am »
It is articles like this that make PA so special, something akin to a family magazine.
I never met your Gramps Chris, but for me it was a touching and emotional read, he sounds like a man many of us aspire to be like, even just a little. With all of the nuts running the asy'lum, Cipriano's Memorial Day article was a refreshing reminder that America has true heros that we can believe in, thier not actors or over priced and pampered athletes, they are our friends, neighbors and family members,everyday people. They grew up in a time when character and integrity were'nt just words,they were the ram rod straight back bone that pointed them forward and guided them, one step at a time through life. No fanfare, just a quiet grace to do the right thing and live a good life.Something that at times seems totally lost in today's culture.
Thank you PA and Cipriano for the article!
And thank you Chirs for sharing a little of your Gramps story with us.
Oh, and by the way, belated congrats for the 2013 BOY! the bow looks awesome!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline PNewton

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 06:50:23 pm »
That was a great story. I agree with Kevin, he sounds like grandpa I aspire to be. You and your family were fortunate Chris.

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 10:57:10 pm »
This was a story worth reading over and over, a real hero in my book
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 02:39:05 pm »
Was for sure cool to see that article, and that bow is one of my favs.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 07:05:20 am »
Great story, I really enjoyed it a lot. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good