Author Topic: 2015 U.S. Flight Nationals, September 4-6  (Read 21962 times)

Offline Selfbowman

Re: 2015 U.S. Flight Nationals, September 4-6
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2015, 10:19:53 pm »
Who won what and how far did they go????
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Badger

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2015, 10:31:38 pm »
   I didn't have any personal bests myself or new records. I was very pleased with a shot Jordan Case made using one of my bows and one of her daddy's arrows. She got 328 yards shooting a 35# osage self bow. This gave her a further distance than any female records in any female primitive classes. Joseph from Hungary did very well as usual with his heavy bows in several classes.

I did have a personal best in practice that really made me rethink my strategy. I shot about 380 yards with a bow that wasn't even designed for flight and not particularly fast, just a nece self bow, very clean arrow flight was the key here. Next year I will be focusing on the arrow passes, brace heights, nocking points and arrows, anything I can do to improve how clean they come out of the bow.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2015, 09:29:37 am »
Good info', you've got me thinking flight again :).
The field where I shoot is prob' just about usable for one more go. I've nearly finished a 40# @28" Yew Molle', it would be interesting to see how far it will send some of my arrows.... Mind it's made as a left hander >:( and if I shoot it right handed there's a ton of paradox.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.