Author Topic: Anyone in western Illinois?  (Read 3682 times)

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
Anyone in western Illinois?
« on: August 15, 2015, 04:14:56 pm »
This Sunday I'm headed on the road for work for the next week or two. I'm driving 12 hours from PA to western IL. I'm staying in a lake house that I will be painting. It's a few hours north of St. Louis. I'll have the exact location by this evening and I'll add it to the post.

I figured this might be an opportunity to meet some of the board member in that area. I was looking for some club shooting or just casual group shooting nearby. Even more desirable would be an osage hunting expedition with a little stump shooting perhaps. I'd also be happy to meet up for a stave exchange if there are any interested parties with excess osage. I have some really nice(almost flawless) eastern hop hornbeam and some decent american hornbeam that are just about ready to work. I can get fresh cut hazel, american elm, or black locust by Sunday.

Feel free to PM me or post responses here, which ever is preferred. Thanks in advance for any responses.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
Re: Anyone in western Illinois?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 04:48:44 pm »
The town is Litchfield and the lake is called "Lake Lou Yeager". I'll be there during the week, but have to clear out for the weekend when the owners use the house. Next weekend would be the best time for me as I won't have access to the job site.
~Terrance McKenna

Stringman

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 10:45:51 pm »
You will be a little over an hour southeast of me so maybe we can get together for awhile next weekend.

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 12:39:50 pm »
Sweet... From what the boss tells me there is no cell reception for a 5 mile radius around the lake, so I'll be hard to reach. I'll be getting my work phone later today before we hit the road. I'll PM the number to you before we leave.

I don't suppose you've ever fished this lake? I was just wondering what kind of tackle to bring and what fish to target.
~Terrance McKenna