Author Topic: Primitive party at Arvin's  (Read 7416 times)

Offline Selfbowman

Primitive party at Arvin's
« on: August 25, 2015, 02:38:12 pm »
I am having a primitive get together at my place in Spicewood tx October 16-19 knappers , bow building , string making , etc.  I live across the street from the pedernales river. I am pretty sure I have some flint here on my place.  I build bows and know nothing about napping. Except it's nice on Sunday afternoon. Lol I understand the rock has to be cooked first . So my flint may not be useable at the event per say unless someone can take care of that ahead of time. I am new to this forum so I will be found on the event page here or on the leatherwall on selfbow page. I decided to have this because it is such a long ways to ok, mo., tenn. Hope I can hear from some of you guys and talk to your buds and see how many might be interested. There will also be a fun shoot  20-25 3D targets.  There will be a jackpot shoot  $20 per round . Winner splits pot with church benevolence fund. You can bring your wares for sale. There will be a few vendors there. Free camping. All this for a $25 gate fee. Kids under 12 free. Arvin
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 08:06:17 am by Selfbowman »
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Tower

Re: Primitive party at Arvin's
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 11:35:35 pm »
Sounds great.  As long as work permits I'd love to join in.   
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 12:08:47 am »
Where is Spicewood?

WA

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 04:18:43 am »
Cool to see ya here Arvin,for yall that don't know him .he is a great guy and good friend so if you live close ,go visit.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 08:42:42 am »
Tower you are right in the neighborhood. You might be able to help me with that rock cooking. Or tell me to keep looking cause I don't know squat about flint. This stuff is hard dense and heavy. Hard to brake. I used about five tons in fireplace and shower.

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 08:51:20 am »
The big rock right of toilet paper and about four up. Has a hole in it. This is one  of the kind I am talking about. I am a mason but could not hammer cut this stone with much success . Brake everywhere I did not want it to so I just stacked them the way they would stay in the wall. Turned out nice. Arvin

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 01:07:29 pm »
Where is Spicewood?

WA

20 miles west of Austin tx.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 04:53:26 am »
Looks like you got some really good nappers chiming in Arvin. Seems there are a lot of them in Texas. ;) :)Must be the rock. :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 01:06:24 pm »
I will be going I'm going to try and make this a family trip.  Can I bring the kids and wife?

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 01:42:40 pm »
I will be going I'm going to try and make this a family trip.  Can I bring the kids and wife?

Sure you can. They just have to behave. Never had a problem. Then there is this kid and you need to make him behave

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 01:44:04 pm »

Sure you can. They just have to behave. Never had a problem. Then there is this kid and you need to make him behave

Im not sure what this means, ??? I expect my kids to behave all the time .  Every good parent disciplines there kids and expects obedience.  I might reconsider the kids if there are a bunch of strict rules.  What are your expectations?  besides some of these guys on here are more rowdy that the kids  >:D

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 01:51:50 pm »
There will be other children there I am sure.  Probably from age 6-12. I was at the classic one year and there was a lady there with a I guess a six month old. I even commented to her how pleasant that baby was. Always smiling and not a problem at all. You be the judge of that. They are welcome. I don't tolerate rude very well at all. Arvin

Offline Tower

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 03:03:27 pm »
Sasquach, your rugrats have always been angels around me. 
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2015, 03:58:38 pm »
Arvin, I am a public school teacher, who teaches 6th grade Science. I know your appreciation for respect.

Thanks Tower, I look forward to seeing you there.  No they will be just fine I have even been teaching my 6 year old to knapp. She has already made her first flake point.   

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 05:05:40 pm »
Well the six year old is ahead of me. I feel for ya teach. 9-11 is the worst. When my son was nine I wanted to throw him off the pedernales river bridge. He finaly come out of it. Arvin