Author Topic: Primitive party at Arvin's  (Read 7417 times)

Offline Selfbowman

Re: Primitive party at Arvin's
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 05:10:51 pm »
Ttt
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2015, 05:16:46 pm »
There will be other children there I am sure.  Probably from age 6-12. I was at the classic one year and there was a lady there with a I guess a six month old. I even commented to her how pleasant that baby was. Always smiling and not a problem at all. You be the judge of that. They are welcome. I don't tolerate rude very well at all. Arvin

I wonder if that was the Wee-Wicki spawn?  That dang kid was charming anyone and everyone that happened by.  He'd be almost as tall as his father by now, since that was two years ago. *snicker*

Sounds like a fun time, wish I lived closer.  I'd love to come down and be camp cook for the crowd, that's my idea of fun.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2015, 10:28:31 am »
We have a lot of kids at the Classic ,once in a while we have a little problem but it seems to get addressed pretty quick. Looks like you are going to have a good one Arvin. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015, 12:42:40 pm »
Nathan, your kids would probably be the best behaved people there. I think everybody would enjoy seeing them and showing them things. When I take grandkids to knappins I always tell them that looking is good; touching is not good. Knappers and vendors are eager to show them things and teach them.

WA

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2015, 10:22:16 am »
Folks I failed to mention a few things about this party. There will be a 20-25 3D course set up for fun shoot . Also a jackpot shoot . Winner splits pot with our church benevolence fund. Probably 15-20 dollars per round on jackpot shoot. There will be a few vendors there. Sarrels archery , Robert Garcia will have some knives so if you want to sell some wares bring them. Also there well be a $25 dollar gate fee. Kids under 12 are free.  This covers your fun shoot . As many times as you want to shoot the course. Free camping .  There will be a small auction on Sunday afternoon and a hundred dollar bill shoot. Food can be purchased on sight at a modest price.food by the church family. Arvin
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 10:34:55 am by Selfbowman »

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2015, 09:40:11 am »
Ttt

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 05:55:28 pm »
My plans have changed and I won't be able to attend this event.  Sorry I'll hit the next one.

Offline Abo

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 06:02:15 pm »
Arvin I'm planning to make your primitive gathering and am glad to see someone putting something like this together in our part of the country. I have always envied those folks that get to go to mojam and the Tennessee and such gatherings as that. I look forward getting together with like minded folks.
John 3:16

Offline Blood Trail

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 09:27:17 pm »
Can't wait! Bringing the boy. I got a piece of flatten boo I wanna back on an osage board I wanna make a bow out of. I know Harper is coming and he's pretty good at them board bows.

Offline Blood Trail

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 09:28:31 pm »
Oh yeah, we'll be camping. Ethan is real excited!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2015, 09:41:28 pm »
Sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm really not sure how to interpret the rules for this with all the $ signs on here. This should maybe in another place or reworded a little.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2015, 07:06:19 am »
Mullet it is twenty -five dollars at the gate for three -four days. You shoot as many 3d fun rounds as you can free. Free camping. What do you want for twenty five dollars. There will be tons of knowledge to be had here. If twenty five dollars is a burden PM me and I can probably work something out. Arvin

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2015, 08:13:16 am »
Well I told yall I did not know squat about Knapping or flint I don't guess. I took a sledge and broke what I thought would be flint and it was limestone.  :-[ ;D so we need you champion rock hounds to come teach the dumb country boy something about flint. I am getting excited looks like we will have a good showing. I was hoping for 50-60 it may be closer to a hundred. Arvin

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 10:43:56 pm »
Ttt

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2015, 06:41:32 am »
Yall have fun this coming weekend, I am sure you will. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good