Author Topic: Texas jam at Arvins  (Read 5746 times)

Offline Abo

Texas jam at Arvins
« on: October 18, 2015, 11:47:52 pm »
Just got home from primitive weekend at Arvins. It was 3 days of the most fun I have had in a long time. I didn't want to leave but all good things come to an end so they say. It was a blast and I was blessed to meet and spend time with some really fine folks. I had the pleasure of knapping with Tower, building a bow with Selfbowman and Kenny and some other great folks that are very talented archers and craftsmen. Also got to meet Thunder and his family and see some of the fine work he doesand got to throw atlatl with Robert which was a goal for me to meet someone to learn from about a growing passion of mine. There are several other special new friends that are to many to mention but who I look forward to meeting again. As for me and everyone else I think I can safely say that we hope Arvin can do this again and again. Thanks Arvin and Debragh for starting something That I do hope continues to be a yearly event
John 3:16

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Texas jam at Arvins
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 07:37:23 am »
I knew yall would have a big time, glad it went well. :) More pictures would be nice. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Abo

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 12:37:59 pm »
More pictures at Arvins.
John 3:16

Online Selfbowman

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 12:40:09 pm »
I want to thank everyone who came and helped in this event. Met some new folks and visited with some old friends also. Built five bows and did some Knapping with the help of Kenny and Abo and others. Had about 25 campers and another 15 or so attend. Raised about 1600$ for the benevolence fund at church . Church ladies did the food for a modest price to do that . It was all good and next year could happen again. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 01:41:34 pm »
Glad it worked out Arvy. I knew it would.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 11:22:59 pm »
Looks like a fun time.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Online Selfbowman

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 10:29:46 pm »
Thanks to Kenny for my bow case carving. I can't get the pic to load because of size! >:( >:( he did a wonderful job on it . I will keep trying. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 01:09:43 pm »
Looks like a great time and really nice setup you have there for a gathering!

OneBow

Offline neuse

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 07:05:16 am »
I hated to miss this, work interfered.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 10:21:49 pm »
Good folks, good times.  Would have loved to been there!

More folks need to pull the trigger on starting these kind of events.  Pappy has all he can handle in Tennessee, as it is.  Do one in your neighborhood! Remember, you are only a stranger until you arrive.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.