Author Topic: Eagle feathers  (Read 14383 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Eagle feathers
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2015, 10:23:40 am »
Im thinking RIT dye is way cheaper and prolly easier to do but have only used it by dying the whole feather... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline DC

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2015, 12:31:56 pm »
Rit you could probably do with an air brush but I've tried using an airbrush and I suck at it. Big learning curve there.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2015, 01:59:30 pm »

I think think the Golden Eagles, have the black tipped tail feathers.  We have a lot of Golden eagles out here.  Big Boogers!  Too bad you don't have any Tern Feathers...... Then your arrows would Tern, Tern, Tern, tis the season, Tern, Tern, Tern ......  ::) sorry.  I hope your back gets straightened out.  I torqued mine a couple of days ago, got it mostly better, but I am going to see my Chiropractor, tomorrow.  I was taking a bag of feed out of the back of my truck, and tossed it on  right shoulder, and took it into the house, and then went back to get the other bag, and tossed it on my left shoulder, and tossed too much, and it kinda went a little too far and I caught it, and torqued my middle back.  Went to the lumber yard, and bought a bunch of 2x4's, and torqued it again.  Was walking like Frankenstein.  Hurry up and finish those arrows, camera, pictures.

Wayne

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2015, 08:25:52 am »
I've had good luck spraying india ink through my airbrush. Dye may bleed if exposed to water afterward.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline DC

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2015, 12:58:28 pm »
You should try some Rit dye in your airbrush. Report back here :D

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2015, 12:00:07 am »
do you mix rit with alcohol?
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna