Author Topic: Introducing "The Fury" pic heavy (all photos uploaded)  (Read 17729 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Introducing "The Fury" pic heavy (all photos uploaded)
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2015, 09:40:29 pm »
Thanks arrowind! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline dantolin

« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2015, 02:10:56 am »
Lovely curves has your Fury! Congratulations, a really nice bow (and performs incredibly).

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2015, 02:20:14 am »
Thanks man! Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Cade

« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2015, 11:05:15 pm »
That's amazing. I have been wondering what kind of a radius you use to get that amount of recurve on the tips. It looks spot on.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2015, 11:16:22 pm »
That stave had a fine bow hiding in it and you sure found it.  That is a sweet bend.  Even from the pics you can tell that those limbs aren't over strained at all.  I bet that bow stands the test of time.  Great work.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

blackhawk

« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2015, 08:44:31 am »
Went over to bobs last night,and got to check this one out in person.

First lemme say great job patrick...its a fine bow. I think its safe to say its your best one yet. Its always fun watching someone come on here a complete noob,and watch there bowyering progress into what you made for Bob. Keep up the good work Patrick. :)

Offline sleek

« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2015, 09:05:31 am »
Yeah.... I agree,  but Chris, the important question is,  did you shoot it?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

blackhawk

« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2015, 09:42:58 am »
Yeah.... I agree,  but Chris, the important question is,  did you shoot it?

Of course i did ;)

Offline sleek

« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2015, 09:50:46 am »
Aaaaaannnnnnnddddddd?????     ( this is the part where you say its the most amazing bow you ever shot )
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

blackhawk

« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2015, 10:27:28 am »
Aaaaaannnnnnnddddddd?????     ( this is the part where you say its the most amazing bow you ever shot )

Well then id be lying  >:D  :laugh:  but that doesnt mean i didnt think it shot good..it shot great. Just not the most amazing one ive ever shot ;) mind you ive shot a lot of bows made by lots of others,and my own. ;) heck..im not even sure i can tell you the most amazing one ive ever shot  ???

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2015, 11:17:27 am »
Thanks a bunch fellas! So far this bow is the one I'm most proud of.

Chris thanks for your reply on here. I would really value your honest review of "The Fury".
I know Bob loves it and that's what my goal was. To make a bow that another bowyer would like and shoot. Patrick

blackhawk

« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2015, 12:34:30 pm »
My first reply says it all in all honesty patrick...my replies to sleek are in jest  :laugh:  selfbows dont get much better buddy ;)

Only thing different i found was its more than the weight ya stated is all...but that aint no thing,and has nothing to do with the fact its a nice bow...we scaled it at about 63...after pulling it back and shooting it i told bob its def over 60 for sure so we went and scaled it. 199 is still really good for a 63 pound bow with a 470 grain arrow buddy. As long as a bow pulls smooth to anchor,doesnt rattle the last of me teefers out,shoots hard and the arrow flies straight for a good bit before dropping im not too concerned with the whole fps,performance,n speed stuff. And this one ya made met all my cirteria with flying colors,and wood shoot it a bunch if it was mine. Which is saying something,cus im picky about what i shoot. And since im being honest the dyed color on the back didnt float my boat much...but that dont mean @$!#. Im a function first dude. And not everybody likes the same ice cream..im a vanilla guy ;)  :laugh:

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2015, 03:44:35 pm »
My first reply says it all in all honesty patrick...my replies to sleek are in jest  :laugh:  selfbows dont get much better buddy ;)

Only thing different i found was its more than the weight ya stated is all...but that aint no thing,and has nothing to do with the fact its a nice bow...we scaled it at about 63...after pulling it back and shooting it i told bob its def over 60 for sure so we went and scaled it. 199 is still really good for a 63 pound bow with a 470 grain arrow buddy. As long as a bow pulls smooth to anchor,doesnt rattle the last of me teefers out,shoots hard and the arrow flies straight for a good bit before dropping im not too concerned with the whole fps,performance,n speed stuff. And this one ya made met all my cirteria with flying colors,and wood shoot it a bunch if it was mine. Which is saying something,cus im picky about what i shoot. And since im being honest the dyed color on the back didnt float my boat much...but that dont mean @$!#. Im a function first dude. And not everybody likes the same ice cream..im a vanilla guy ;)  :laugh:

Thanks you very much for your review. I didn't know I was that far off of the weight. I was thinking about that, I made the "toasted"  early wood look on the belly with a torch. I done this after shooting it in and sanding. Then I put the finish on. I never put it back on the scale to check the weight. "toasting" the belly side might have re heat treated it. Not too sure. I have checked my scale several times to make sure it was on but I only had a 5lb weight to use. I will try to find something to weigh that's heavier. If the scale is off I will throw it away  and get a new one.

About the dye job, that's the first time I ever tried anything like that and it came out ok from what I was thinking. But hey not everyone likes vanilla I cream as much as I do! Thanks again Chris, and I strive to be a better bowyer with every build. Patrick

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2015, 06:25:51 pm »
Well let me tell you patrick I lIke the dye job myself. Heck patrick there is nothing I don't like about the bow. You out did yourself and to think it's going to get better with every bow you build. In my mind I am thinking how are you going to top the fury but I am sure your minds already thinking about the next build. 
And it's a tad stiff but hey its a hunting bow. If the deer are standing just tight I may be able to fill all my tags with one shot from the fury. Thanks again patrick.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2015, 10:27:49 pm »
Thank you Bob! You are very welcome! I'm really glad you like it so much! It means a lot to me that you feel that way also! I hope the deer line up perfect for you. I would love to see some pictures of you and Fury with some fresh meat for the freezer! Patrick

Edit
By the way Vanilla ice cream is truly my favorite!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 10:35:51 pm by lebhuntfish »