Author Topic: Buffalo arrows  (Read 30767 times)

Ranger B

Re: Buffalo arrows
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2008, 11:08:46 pm »
This one is just too hard to keep quite on.  I just couldn't shoot it and then post with the Bison (don't suspect it's a buffalo) like I got it on a hunt....and I like to do that.  You want to go primitive but you want to trade for a bow and arrows?  I'm not following that too well, but if you're going to borrow I'd borrow a 60-70# bow and sling some 600 grain arrows from it.  If you hit shoulder with a 55# bow that "may" shoot 55# at your particular draw length you may not get 3" of penetration.  If you hit a rib it may bounce off.  Anyway, if you want to shoot it go heavy and get a still shot so you hit vitals and put it down clean.  Just my .02 brother

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2008, 05:38:30 pm »
i be verry dissapointed in anyone who would hunt anything in a pen. (unless if it is killing something that u/someone els dosent want on their propertie. then it is more like extermination that hunting. im suprised huntertraper hasnt already stated the same.
lets just shoot it

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2008, 02:42:52 am »
I'ml tell y'all what. After having gone and harvested that bison, I am convinced that it will not be easy to get close enough for a good shot without ambushing it.

Thanks for the encouragement Billy. I will be sure and try and read the article.

Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God