Author Topic: Springfield, MO Gathering under the Ash tree shade in my yard... (Sept 12th)  (Read 16640 times)

Offline Onebowonder

We are planning another gathering for the 12th of September at my home in Springfield, MO.  We'll start early on Saturday morning (around 8 am) and work till whenever.  If there is interest, we may continue over into Sunday the 13th.

All PAer's are welcome.  Please let us know either by PM or post here on the PA site. 

I'll fire up the smoker barrel and make meat for us all to share, (...so, I'll need to know how many to prepare for!).  Feel free to bring whatever go-with-its you are inclined to have on the table and something you like to drink.  There should be more than plenty!

We'll have at least one or two band saws setup, a stationary sander or two, a 6 inch joiner if you are wanting to work on LAMs, and various other big-boy-toys.  We will have a few benches, but feel free to bring your own shave horse or vice bench as well as your bow building tools. 

I'll have both a fire pit and shade tents at the ready so that we can deal with whatever the weather offers us.  I have a smallish shooting range and archery target for testing whatever bows you bring, and we should have a chronograph available as well.  We'll also have a couple of tillering trees with scales setup as well.

One fellow has already told me that he will be doing two sinew jobs that day at the gathering, so if that is something you'd like to get a look at up close and personal, come on over!

We are on the North edge of town, so nothing you might want is really too far away, as WallyWorld and Lowe's are just minutes down the road.  My address is 1425 E. Smith Street in Springfield, MO.  If you'll PM me I'll send you my cell phone number and try to answer whatever questions you might have.

OneBow
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:06:36 pm by Onebowonder »

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
I'll be there with bells on bud!!! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
It's on the calendar.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Onebowonder

Long range weather forecasts in the Ozarks are notoriously NOT very reliable, ...but for what it's worth, here's what the prognosticologists tell us to expect for the weather on the day(s) of the event!  Me likey!!!

OneBow

Offline lebhuntfish

Awesome! I was just checking that out as well bud! Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline DavidV

I'll be there with as much wood as can fit in my car...which isn't a lot. I'm excited though.
Springfield, MO

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Glad next weekend won't be like this one is!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline lebhuntfish

I'll be there with as much wood as can fit in my car...which isn't a lot. I'm excited though.

Good deal buddy! Glad you can make it! It will be a fun time! Patrick

Offline JW_Halverson

I sure wish I lived closer!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline lebhuntfish

JW, if your ever down our way just let us know! Patrick

Offline sleek

Re: Springfield, MO Gathering under the Ash tree shade in my yard... (Sept 12th)
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 02:39:10 pm »
Ima be there! 
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline lebhuntfish

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Springfield, MO Gathering under the Ash tree shade in my yard... (Sept 12th)
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 10:47:35 pm »
Planning to be there. And have special special gift for Eric . . . . . .  . .

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 11:33:16 am »
Planning to be there. And have special special gift for Eric . . . . . .  . .

Patrick and I split out and made a couple of nice bow blanks out of the last gift you gave!  Straightest grained hickory I've ever seen!  It looks like we'll get 3 bows out of that one bit you gave us before it's all over!!!  :)

OneBow

Offline JonW

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 06:45:47 pm »
I will be there to help Mike with some anger related issues ;)