Author Topic: Springfield, MO Gathering under the Ash tree shade in my yard... (Sept 12th)  (Read 16386 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Springfield, MO Gathering under the Ash tree shade in my yard... (Sept 12th)
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2015, 01:08:35 am »
What time is everyone thinking on arriving? Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Springfield, MO Gathering under the Ash tree shade in my yard... (Sept 12th)
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2015, 08:56:20 am »
This fella's eta is between 8 and 9.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2015, 09:44:06 am »
I plan to sleep over on the property that night before actually, (...as I do most nights! 8) 8) 8) ).  I'll be up and setting things up earlier, but planned on seeing y'all around 8 AM or shortly thereafter.

OneBow

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2015, 10:33:54 am »
We'll have to make allowances for Pat. He doesn't deal well with early mornings.  ???
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2015, 10:51:27 am »
We'll have to make allowances for Pat. He doesn't deal well with early mornings.  ???

Haha! Only when sleek keeps me awake till the wee hours of the morning!
Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2015, 01:29:04 pm »

Marines are generally late.  They show up to "blaze the trail" right after the Rangers have secured their LZ for them.   :P :o 8)

Onebow
- who only wishes he could have passed Ranger school!

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2015, 01:52:58 pm »
Thats because you guys make so much noise that you draw them in and then it's our job to keep the LZ open!
Patrick

Offline Patches

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2015, 10:40:16 pm »
I am planning on coming down there tomorrow! I will try to be there between 9 and 10. Patrick, please txt me if I need to bring anything.

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline sleek

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2015, 11:15:16 am »
Oh man what a good time. Honestly,  I had more fun yesterday than i did at mojam.  Thanks eric for hosting this. Your hospitality and food id over the top! ( especially the eats! )
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline JonW

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2015, 11:25:49 am »
True that Sleek! Had a blast and Eric is the host with the most. I'm sure his honey had a little to do with the success as well. ;)

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2015, 11:42:52 am »
Was there banana bread...?
Wish I could have made it there.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2015, 09:34:59 pm »
Fantastic day!

Weather perfect. Every power tool ya could possibly need. Brand new vice benches constructed. Great tiller tree setup. Target range. Huge shade tree.
And the food? Ohhhh, my goodness! Wonderful!!

Oh ... almost forgot ... strengthening friendships ... priceless!!! Thanks, Eric, for making it a great memory.

By the way, I was privileged to provide the initial fireworks.   >:D   :embarassed:
And we all know who REALLY won the shooting competition.   :P

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2015, 02:49:16 am »
Fantastic day!

Weather perfect. Every power tool ya could possibly need. Brand new vice benches constructed. Great tiller tree setup. Target range. Huge shade tree.
And the food? Ohhhh, my goodness! Wonderful!!

Oh ... almost forgot ... strengthening friendships ... priceless!!! Thanks, Eric, for making it a great memory.

By the way, I was privileged to provide the initial fireworks.   >:D   :embarassed:
And we all know who REALLY won the shooting competition.   :P

X2! Couldn't have said it better myself!

I want to say, the gathering was definitely the place to be this weekend! The hospitality was over the top! Eric and his wife are the most gracious people I know. They opened there home to all of us without hesitation. The new benches, food, shooting, conversation and the warm cookies were awesome! Eric and his wife are top notch and I'm lucky to be able to call them my friends!

Thank you all for a great day!
Patrick

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2015, 09:30:19 am »
I wish I could have been there. It sounds like a great time. I just didn't have the time this time. It sure would be nice to see some pics though... O:)
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2015, 11:32:52 am »
They say you can tell if a party was a good time by the things left behind by those that attended.  Here are a couple items that need to find their ways back home.  One looks like a lady's clutch purse, ...but I didn't recall that we had any ladies attending the event...

...and the leather arm guard sans laces was found under a chair.

Not pictured are a pair of lovely shade tents that I know where they need to go home to...   ::)

...and the last picture is about the fourth wheelbarrow full of shavings that were returned to the flower nutrient state known as wood ashes last evening.

OneBow