Author Topic: Springfield, MO Gathering under the Ash tree shade in my yard... (Sept 12th)  (Read 16638 times)

Offline sleek

Re: Springfield, MO Gathering under the Ash tree shade in my yard... (Sept 12th)
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2015, 09:42:59 am »
That was nuthin when I hit 200! I was trying to compare this bow to Patrick's " Fury ". He had shot 199 with an arrow about 100 grains heavier but Fury weighed 13# more and had 2" more on power stroke. Using that bow as a measuring stick, I believe I surpassed it. Not taking anything from that amazing crafted bow in the least, thats why I was so happy to have done so well.

Whats interesting is I built two more and neither seemed to out perform slightly ticked ( pictured in this video ), though I didnt really shoot them as much, working on my release to get max speed. Maybe next time.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Springfield, MO Gathering under the Ash tree shade in my yard... (Sept 12th)
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2015, 10:07:08 am »
I'm proud of you buddy! You accomplished exactly what you sat out to do on the first try. Not everyone can say that.

By the way, you are crazy!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2015, 11:48:29 am »
<snip>
By the way, you are crazy!

Patrick

I've had two neighbors come over and ask about the jubilation Kevin expressed upon hitting 200 thru the Chrony.  ...neither was complaining at all, in fact one said it was good to hear "someone so completely happy about what they were doing", ...so he had to come ask what we had been doing!

OneBow

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2015, 12:54:47 pm »
Dang man, Kevin is even getting the neighbors involved in his antics!
Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline sleek

« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2015, 01:01:17 pm »
Heck yeah! I put so much energy into what I do when I'm done even the neighbors come out to smoke a cigarette.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2015, 01:32:51 pm »
Heck yeah! I put so much energy into what I do when I'm done even the neighbors come out to smoke a cigarette.

>:D
See totally crazy!
Patrick

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2015, 11:25:01 am »
I just posted a new announcement for another Gathering Sept 26th and the morning of the 27th.

OneBow

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2015, 12:20:52 pm »
Eric, too, is
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2015, 01:02:37 pm »
Eric, too, is

I resemble that remark!   ;)

OneBow