Author Topic: Hello from northern Germany  (Read 11005 times)

Offline Jonas

Hello from northern Germany
« on: September 06, 2015, 09:18:31 am »
Hello Archers,
my name is Jonas,  i m a 26 year old student of sociology from nothern Germany, a little village next to Hannover to be precisly. I ve been building bows for almost two years now. Since I have been already reading here  for  a while but silently, I`d like to use the opportunity to introduce myself. Here in Germany we have a very active and nice bowyer-community but I also want to get impressions from all over the world - so here I am  :). It`s still hard for me to express myself in English (reading and understanding is no problem), so if you don`t have a clou what I m talking about, please tell me or correct my sentences, I wont be angry  ;)

Here are some impressions from on of my last bows, a 50lbs@28 yellow plum flatbow, i hope the upload works

Offline Jonas

Re: Hello from northern Germany
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 09:24:19 am »
Yep, it works  :)
And four more

Offline Ranasp

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 10:09:02 am »
Guten Tag!  (don't get too excited, that's about my limit for German despite my last name coming from your country.  ;)  )   As with most foreigners I've met, you write better english than most Americans.  The only part you slipped up on was with "clou", which should be "clue". 

That's a beautiful bow!  Is that horn on the tips, or another type of wood? 

In any case, just wanted to tell you "welcome" from another newbie to the site. 

Offline Johnny K

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 12:01:08 pm »
Welcome to the site!

Dein Englisch ist sehr gut, und es ist immer schoen, Bogen Bauer aus anderen Laendern kennen zu lernen, gerade aus Deutschland (Bin da geboren) :)

That's a nice bow! I'm pretty new here myself, and I'm sure you will find a lot of interesting info and inspiration here; I certainly do.

Cheers,
John

If this bow breaks, I'll build another. If it doesn't............. I'll still build another.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 12:34:46 pm »
Welcome to PA, Jonas. We have a few other Germans here on PA and they all, including you, are makers of nice bows. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 05:57:48 am »
Welcome Jonas, hope you enjoy it here ,look forward to seeing more of your work. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Jonas

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 09:05:59 am »
Thank you all for the nice welcome! :) There are some real bow-artists here of which I hope to learn a lot, so I will certainly show more of my stuff to get advice and new inspirations.
@ Ranasp: Yes, thats horn on the tips  ;)

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 09:09:13 am »
Great bow, good to have you on board.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 01:11:49 am »

Very nice bow.  How does it shoot?  Like Pat said, there are some other "Deutch landers" on here as well.  Simpson, is one, and I think Medicine wheel, is another.
Both are excellent!  Simpson, makes some bows that seem impossible to function without breaking, but they not only function, and don't break, but are fantastic pieces of art work.  Welcome, glad that you found the site, and looking forward to seeing more of your work.
                                    Wayne

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 10:57:37 am »
Great, another German to out do me! Welcome aboard. I have seen a lot of great work from Germany, and other bowyers from Europe. Your plum bow looks beautiful!

Joe
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 11:30:39 am »
Hi Jonas,
a nice bow  - ein schönes Pflümli ;)

Grüße
aus Gießen, Germany

Offline Jonas

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 03:53:23 pm »
Thank you too for the warm Welcome  :)
@Stickbender: I have already seen Simpsons work and thats absolutly impressive. Everytime I see his bows I feel the urge to smash my bows to pieces and to make at least a nice warm fire  ;D But apart from that, I feel pretty confident about my bow und plum as bowwood in general, I think it shoots very fast.
@Andrew: Are you also a member of the german bowyer community (fletchers-corner.de)?

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 12:57:07 am »
Jonas, Dein Post hab ich gerade zum ersten mal gesehen.  Schöner Bogen.  Ich habe Freunde in Helpsen/ Stadt Hagen Umgebung.  Bist du da in der Nähe?  Es ist eine schöne Gegend.  Wilkommen bei PA.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 08:17:17 am »
Welcome to the PA.Those are accomplished good looking bows you've shown.Lots of character too.Look forward to seeing more of your bows.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Jonas

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 11:36:56 am »
Thank you  :)
@Jeff: Ja, ich komme aus Reinsen, das ist ein kleines Kaff 5km von Stadthagen entfernt. Ich bin nicht immer dort, die meiste Zeit wohne ich bei meiner Freundin in Bremen, aber immer wenn ich mich danach sehne, Bögen zu bauen, komme ich hierher