Author Topic: wild greens  (Read 3493 times)

riverrat

wild greens
« on: September 06, 2015, 10:23:52 pm »
i love me some greens. wild greens are the best. so ill share a couple ways and types that i enjoy. first off greens needs onions,garlic, and some zing. like wild mustard/black mustard. now what kind of greens? well lambs quarters rock! take yourself a bunch of lambs quarters, boil them in just enough water to cover. ad some wild garlic and/or onion.i like using the green parts of them.now with lambs quarters i like some salt, a handfull of poor mans pepper, wild onions/garlic greens and if i have some , chicken bullion.a teaspoon of butter, the real stuff, goes a long ways towards being awesome. now for my other favorite. stinging nettles, youll need a bunch. read up on how to harvest, what to harvest. wild onion/garlic, wild mustard of some sort. be it black mustard, wild mustard, whatever , you dont need no bullion. lol, nettles make the only base i like better than chicken soup lol. anyhow thats all you need. it rocks all on its own like that. and ill tell ya if you have any fatty pork, chicken, beef, whatever fatty pieces its all the more better. heck ive made it with catfish and called it fish soup and it was great!dont hurt to add a dash of texas pete to it. ;) try that. Tony

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Re: wild greens
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 01:16:42 pm »
I like wild greens as well Tony and Lambs Quarter are great, they are also very rich in many nutrients
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

riverrat

Re: wild greens
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 11:43:11 am »
Marc, i can up lambs quarters for use in the winter months. they taste even better after theyve been canned believe it or not.freezing them works to but they take on a freezer taste that way. so canning them is how i prefer to store them for later use.the nettles work better if you dry them out. they dont always can up good for me.but i love them with wild mustard and wild garlic. so dang good! Tony