Author Topic: Arrow pass designs  (Read 14817 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Re: Arrow pass designs
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 09:13:52 am »
I very seldom post on here but the fist few years. When I first started building bows. I knew someone that build flight bows. I copyed his bows some. He came up with the conclusons.

He build his bows 16 th or so passed center shot and make or built up as far back on the shelf at the belly. So the arrow made as lease contact with the shelf as possable.

I shot 5 different bows I made, same arrows with that bow.  Shot as normal then built up the self as far back to the belly as possabe.

With out exception every bow with a built out shelf,out shot the normal shelf bow.

I also found out that a clean release is #1 in flight shooting.

I've out shot my friend with his own bows 8,10 different bows every time.

Try tis release, this was how HOWARD HILL RELEASED. Release with your first finger first, do this your other 2 fingers open automic'ly. Takeing the thinking about snapping your fingers open.

This is a release that comes naturally, not though involed. I've help dozzens of people through the years with suckie release's.

It only takes a try or so to find out. If your third finger burns after your release you've did it. You can't get a cleaner release.

If you take the time to think about opening your first finger then your release is too slow.  Real flight shooters don't think, they just do

P.S.  How many of your bows have set records?
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2016, 11:17:54 am »
  Just like your releasing now the way you do. After you've shot like that a while you don't think about doing it. Same way with my release. Give it a try you can only improve, if you don't like it don't use it.

No records but I have shot my friends flight bows over 400 yards. He shot 534 yards can't remember the arrows grain.

I'm a hunter and I have a few times shot 500 and 600 grain arrows with broad heads 250 to  312 yards with 90,100 and one 108 #bows. CENTER SHOT,ELB, STRAIGHT END SELFBOWS FAST FLIGHT STRING.

My best 60# bows have reach 193 yards with a 550 grain arrow. I've built flight and war bows but I really enjoy building hunting bows to use.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 05:20:14 am »
You've got quite an engine in you crooketarrow.You seem to burn every kind of fuel out there.Maybe sometime you can share some pictures of your bows.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed