Author Topic: My new hunting bow HHB from Hunterbob  (Read 4748 times)

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
My new hunting bow HHB from Hunterbob
« on: September 19, 2015, 12:13:26 am »
This forum is loaded with great people, And Hunterbob is definitely one of them. I've texted back and forth with Bob for a while but have never met him in person but I consider him a good friend. A few days ago he sent me a pic of a HHB he was working on. It was a nice flatbow about 66" t2t an 55#@ 28". He used blackberries boiled down for the stain, deer antler shelf and tip.  All selfbow! Let me tell you this this hits hard and actually. If I can just learn how to put my arrows in a better group I'll make meat this year with it. This will be my first time hunting with a selfbow.  Thank you Bob this was very kind. I appreciate it!
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
Re: My new hunting bow HHB from Hunterbob ((full draw uploaded))
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 12:17:25 am »
Here's some pics. With full draw
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 11:04:48 am by TimothyR »

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
Re: My new hunting bow HHB from Hunterbob
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 12:21:14 am »
Some more. Foul draw to come Monday. Thanks for looking
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 12:24:18 am by TimothyR »

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 12:59:53 am »
    Timothy, Bob is a great guy and a friend of mine also...He has become a bow making machine...Excellent work Bob  8) Love the stain and the grip work and will check back in for full draw later...
                                                                                                                           Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline sieddy

• Guaranga! :)
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 04:02:54 am »
Man that is such a beautiful bow! A peice of living craftsmanship to be treasured indeed.  :)
"No man ever broke his bow but another man found a use for the string" Irish proverb

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 04:48:59 am »
Man Bob, you are a heck of a guy! You have been a bow making fool. Beautiful bow and your finish work is looking mighty good! Can't wait for a full draw pic!

Your a lucky dog, Timothy!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 05:38:52 am »
Man Bob, you are a heck of a guy! You have been a bow making fool. Beautiful bow and your finish work is looking mighty good! Can't wait for a full draw pic!

Your a lucky dog, Timothy!

Patrick

Thank you Patrick I am lucky and so are you. That is a beautiful yew recurve Bob made!

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 08:19:12 am »
Again it was my pleasure Tim.
Tim and I have been talking back and fourth for sometime now by text as he told you. And I have sent him alot of pictures of bows I was working on. Even some bows that didn't make it. But as I was working on the this HHB I was sending Tim pictures of the bow . He didn't know it was his at first. I wanted to make sure it would make a bow before I told him it was for him.
Tim I hope you carry that selfbow to the deer woods and connect on a deer. That would make me one proud guy knowing a deer was taken with something I made. There will hopefully be a few people trying to hunt with bows I made.
Again Tim you a welcome . And I consider you a good friend  also.
Congrats on the new addition to the family also Tim.

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 08:32:25 am »
That is a great looking bow and a great story.  I love the stain job.  I like it when natural methods are used.

Mike

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 09:17:26 am »
That is a great looking bow and a great story.  I love the stain job.  I like it when natural methods are used.

Mike
it's not all natural.  I started with black berries and that made it like pink looking then I went over the bow with red oak and that went well withthe black berries and then did the tips and handle with black rit dye and finished with 10 coats of true oil.

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 11:04:03 am »
Looks like a perfect hunting bow! The hunting thread should be full this year with all the people taking to the woods with selfbows
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline rps3

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 12:35:08 pm »
Good looking bow. Best of luck hunting.

Offline bowandarrow473

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 01:50:33 pm »
Great looking bow, inspires me to go grab some of the blackberries out of the woods and make some dye next time they're ripe.
Whatever you are, be a good one.

Offline JRMakowski

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 05:52:40 pm »
That is a Beauty Bob, I love Looking at all the bows you guys are creating it is no doubt inspiring! I would be afraid to dredge through the woods with it afraid I might scratch it or something. I have looked around at other sites and they are a far cry from PA the wealth of knowledge helpful nature and amazing atmosphere makes this site truly enjoyable to be on.
Id Rather Be Lucky Then Good!

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2015, 08:49:50 pm »
That is a Beauty Bob, I love Looking at all the bows you guys are creating it is no doubt inspiring! I would be afraid to dredge through the woods with it afraid I might scratch it or something. I have looked around at other sites and they are a far cry from PA the wealth of knowledge helpful nature and amazing atmosphere makes this site truly enjoyable to be on.

This is the best site and group of people anywhere.