Author Topic: stronges bow on the world  (Read 86915 times)

Ian B

Re: stronges bow on the world
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2008, 04:45:27 am »
Don't see the point of trying to hit a target of six feet by 3 feet i could do that with a warbow @ 100 lb after 10 pints.

I'd like to see that. Most of us only think we are shooting better after 10 pints...  :-)

Rod.

No thats after 15 pints with me upto 10 i am ok  ;D

Rod

« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2008, 08:39:52 am »
I guess if we get around to agreeing a format and setting up a trial we will have to supply the beer.  ;-)
Rod.

Rod

« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2008, 01:33:59 pm »
Rod

What did I find? Well - that its mainly a work of translation and not of archery per se, that it contains inconsistencies with regards to some of the weights used ie that some measures are given as different weights in different parts of the text, and units of weight, when researched seem actually to be units of volume!

A comment from Stephen Selby on weight and volume when posed this question confirms what I first thought on reading this point.
In Ancient Chinese names of weights and volume can be synonymous since a given weight is derived from a certain volume of (in this case) water.
This should not be a concept foreign to anyone who knows that a Specific Gravity of one derives from 1 litre of water weighing 1 kg (leaving aside the refinement of specifying a temperature).

Rod.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:48:32 pm by Rod »