Author Topic: 130lb tri-lam warbow  (Read 7956 times)

Offline colin1991

Re: 130lb tri-lam warbow
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 04:04:06 am »
So unfortunately this bow developed a little fret in the belly near a knot when I was doing final weight and break test after finish coats so I wouldn't feel comfortable giving it to a customer anymore.  I decided to let a mate have a crack at shooting it, he normally only shoots 80-100lbs so it was a dismal fail but fun to try anyway, but after I decided to give it a crack, busted shoulder and all.

Expecting to get about 10 inches back then excruciating pain I was surprised to make it back to 31 or so fairly comfortably (it didn't go that well when I tried the other day!!) so I figured id shoot it as much as I could while I was pain free.  Managed a couple videos and this is a picture taken from one of them.

The arrow is 31.5" nock to socket and its maybe an inch left in the draw so not too bad. Little shaky at the back of the draw in the video but I guess that's expected when one side of your collar bone isn't connected to anything. (bow arm not drawing arm)

Very happy with the shape and performance of the bow even with the fret, which didn't grow any after shooting it a few times.  It will go into my collection.  Keen to test it for distance on the weekend at our weekly shoot!

Colin

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 05:07:34 am »
Nice arc on that, shame about the pinch.
They are not usually fatal, but like you say, no longer saleable.
Glad the shoulder stood up to it :).
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline colin1991

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 06:12:06 am »
Thanks mate,

It happens unfortunately... Still a nice bow none the less.  Next one will be even better!

Really keen to see what sort of distance this one is capable of tho.